Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-22-08

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well to be honest Claire we ALL feel 'a bit down' after Eagles gigs. PEW (Post Eagle Withdrawal) its known as here, or for us specific Glenn fans PGW! And believe I've had it so bad this week. All I can think about is seeing him again!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Yes, the crowd at the Saturday show were enthusiastic and the boys were very relaxed. As you say, they were probably a bit tense at the first show on Thursday. The 2 ladies that I met(from the US) had seen the Thursday show and were complaining that British fans were not very lively, 'cos hardly anyone got up & danced at the Thursday show. I told her that was about to change!! as I had no intention of sitting down all through the show. I was on my feet and singing my heart out. Once a few of us at the front got up & danced lots more people followed. By the latter part of the show even people right at the back on the high-up seats were standing.

I think we owe it to the band to join in. They often tell us that they feed on the audience reaction, so you'll get a much better show if you join in & give something back to the performers.

I'm currently going through my photo's and trying to improve those which are a bit over exposed or shaky(difficult to take good clear photos when the band are moving & the stage lights change colour). I'm also going to isolate the guys and make individual photos from some of the more wide screen ones. So bear with me, I'll post a few at a time as I get them right.

LOL

Steph
    Highlighted paragraph: ABSOLUTELY!!! I couldn't agree more! I got the distinct impression that the boys were a little nervous on opening night, so I'm sure they would have appreciated more audience enthusiasm.

Steph, your photos are absolutely BRILLIANT!!! You did a fantastic job and they need no improvement! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Well MF and I DID stand up and did our best but we didn't receive the most enthusiastic response from those aroound us. Someone even told MF that his wife 'couldn't stand for a lomg period of time!!' Well I'm sorry for him, but MF didn't travel half way across the world to be subdued by that kind of comment.
    And we got our rewards from Glenn

But GEF I know what you mean. I too just want to go back! Its like 'Just one more' PLEASE

Would anyone come to Dublin if they did here again?
    Highlighted section: I must say I was more than a little irritated with the man, especially since he was distracting me from my boys, and stopped me from dancing to my favourite, "Heartache Tonight" . I was thinking, "Do you have any idea how much effort and expense I've gone to to attend this concert? And you want me to SIT DOWN?!!"

As GA says, we got our rewards from Glenn .

GA, I'd love to visit you in Dublin - hopefully my piggy bank would have recovered considerably by the time the boys make it there!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    MF, usually I don't pay much attention to lightings and all this stuff but that night, everything caught my eye ... I didn't want to miss a minor detail! That's so great you had an eye contact with Glenn! I can imagine how you felt after that:
    You mentionned how sad you felt after the show, I know what you mean! Actually, I felt a bit down yesterday, but then I thought that I had been lucky enough to make my dream come true and that I had an incredible time! And who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to see them again one day
    I've been trying to console myself with similar thoughts, Claire, but all I want now is for the boys to visit South Africa! I must say, I came down to earth with a loud thud about a week after I'd been floating above the clouds!

I love to stand, too, but sometimes the people behind you can get awfully nasty about it. Also, if no one else is standing, I feel a bit awkward. But whenever I see enough people doing it so that I don't feel like I'm drawing attention to myself, I stand, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

LOL - My hubby is a sit-down in your seat guy 'I paid for this seat blah, blah, blah'. I don't mind jumping up but will only do it if a lot of people around me are doing it. I remember we were at one concert where just one guy (not too far in front of us) stood up and my hubby shouted 'Sit your ass down' which elicited a big cheer from the crowd I just pretended not to know him.

Default Photos from the Eagles show 22 March 2008

Dear All,

I have put a set of about 60 of my photos from this show onto Flickr, but I don't know how to set up a link from here to them. Can anybody help? The set is called 'Eagles show at the O2 22 March 2008'.

Thanks

LOL

Steph

Would it work to copy and paste the URL from your main page?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Steph! I don't know how to do that but if someone does I can't wait to see all your lovely pics.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Steph, I hope you can work out a link as I'd love to see your photos.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...