Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan
    Their little girl has the most beautiful eyes. Glenn better get a shot gun ready for when she get about 16 years old.
    That's the first thing that I thought the first time I saw that picture too

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

You know what they say about great minds thinking alike.

Thanks for the photos and links, FP, PLS, Dreamer and Soda. They are all very lovely. The Frey family is certainly very beautiful.

FP, thanks particularly for the first Glenn and Cindy pic you posted - I've never seen that one before.

Dreamer, thanks for the photo of Don and Sharon. I've only seen one other photo of the two of them together.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan
    Their little girl has the most beautiful eyes. Glenn better get a shot gun ready for when she get about 16 years old.
    She is! I hope that shotgun is ready!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Both Cindy and Sharon are beautiful, and their husbands so handsome. It's lovely to see them all looking so happy. Taylor and Deacon are both very fine kids. If Deacon has just turned 15, Taylor must be 17 now, so watch out, Glenn and Cindy!

Btw, I haven't had a chance yet to welcome you to the Border, AzEF, it's great to have you here!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Both Cindy and Sharon are beautiful, and their husbands so handsome. It's lovely to see them all looking so happy. Taylor and Deacon are both very fine kids. If Deacon has just turned 15, Taylor must be 17 now, so watch out, Glenn and Cindy!

Btw, I haven't had a chance yet to welcome you to the Border, AzEF, it's great to have you here!

Carol7Lynn, welcome from me as well! How very cool that you got to the Roxy show, even after such a long wait. Thanks to Gloria for that photo of Glenn. I love the thought of Glenn driving Deacon to a soundcheck, and then back later for the show.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I believe Taylor's birthday is in March, so she would have just turned 17. And she was also very pretty, striking young lady when we saw her at Niagara Falls. She looks a lot like her mother. The Frey family is a very handsome bunch, indeed.

Not surprizingly, Don's family seems to be a lot more private. As I said, I've only ever seen a couple of pictures of Sharon, and I don't think I've seen a recent picture of any of his children.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

In fairness, the way some families bandy their kids around both the Frey and Henley families seem to be very private which of course is their right. I suppose both Glenn and Don want their kids to have as normal a childhood as they can, which IMHO is good and leads to much more stable adults. Its hard enough to bring up kids without having to do it in the media glare.

Its obvious too how supportive both Sharon and Cindy are to their husbands.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've found another review, from one of Deacon's godparents!

http://superflat.typepad.com/nevermi...ods-and-o.html

Rock Gods and Other Tales

The photo is of my godson and his dad playing together along with Don Was and a couple of other young musicians at an AIDS benefit held last night at the Roxy on Sunset. I went with a determination to support the event, developed and produced by a group of teenagers at their school, but with a little gritting of teeth at the thought of sitting through endless jam sessions from 14+15 year-old guitar-hero wannabes. Well, wasn't I surprised! Mostly, because these young people were a musical revelation. They occasionally had support from some major musical partners (Don Was, Glenn Frey), a guest with a couple of hit songs--Daniel Powter, but mainly it was just the kids doing their thing, and it was good, really good, there were some really gifted musicians playing on-stage and giving the professionals a run for their money. There were also some adventurous musical choices--Steely Dan (I know?! Kid Charlemagne--not the easiest song to play), Stevie Wonder (I Wish--likewise on the difficulty scale), The Doors, as well as the usual twelve-bar blues numbers that get the audience rocking.

It was definitely an evening of classic rock music--there was one DJ act--local party-animal, Cisco Adler, who offered up some nice, melodic, old-school call and response hip-hop, but guitars and long hair ruled the evening.
    I had a great conversation with Bob Clearmountain--one of the best mixers around--about music--Bowie's Let's Dance, one of his 'mix-jobs,' was playing as we spoke. It turned out that he recently mixed the Rolling Stones documentary Shine A Light, which I have seen twice now--once for fun, the second time for the theology and pop music class. He said that he thought Silver and Gold, Keith Richards tender acoustic number in the film, was his favourite musical moment, and I have to agree.
    The Roxy is a landmark gig in Los Angeles. For years it was the debut venue in this city--everybody played there---AC/DC even played there back in the day when we first toured America. Now it feels as though it is locked in a bit of a time-warp, especially because the Rainbow is still chugging away next door--you can still see big-hair metal-heads in large numbers hanging out there--it's a trip, nice to visit but somehow not the nexus of the music universe anymore.
    There was a serious issue--AIDS, particularly as it plays out among teenagers both here in the US and around the world and the group of teens who organized the event had obviously done their homework--both about the issue, but also about presentation--videos, written materials, sign-ups etc. It was quite an inspiring night actually, and the music was fun.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow GEF - what a find. Thanks a bunch for posting that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016