Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hi all - Well I have much to say. However, I only a short time to post right now. Great review Soda - but, I did want to make a couple comments. First - how in the world did you forget about the Holy Crap moment! You know the one - when Glenn said his goodbyes, we all got hugs and kisses. I can only speak for myself, but it was definitely another one of those moments that made me very weak in the knees.

Now, as far as whether or not Glenn is aware of this site or GFO, I think it's safe to say that he is, even though I don't know whether he personally visits or not. Since we have met Glenn several times now, and he knows our names, he would have to know that Soda is the webmistress of GFO. After all, he is a pretty smart guy!

I'll post more later, but, overall it was a fantastic weekend - a dream weekend for any hardcore Eagles fan.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Hugs??? Kisses??? Knows you by name??? I need more details!

Stuck on the Border

LTL, I suggest you read the 'Glenn Plays Pebble Beach' topic in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Hi all - Well I have much to say. However, I only a short time to post right now. Great review Soda - but, I did want to make a couple comments. First - how in the world did you forget about the Holy Crap moment! You know the one - when Glenn said his goodbyes, we all got hugs and kisses. I can only speak for myself, but it was definitely another one of those moments that made me very weak in the knees.
    Oh, it made me weak in the knees too, that's for sure, even though it was entirely platonic (I should clarify that he kissed us on the cheek). He also said "goodbye, sweetie" to me in a paternal fashion. He's so kind to us!

Now, as far as whether or not Glenn is aware of this site or GFO, I think it's safe to say that he is, even though I don't know whether he personally visits or not. Since we have met Glenn several times now, and he knows our names, he would have to know that Soda is the webmistress of GFO. After all, he is a pretty smart guy!
    Well, I admit the probability is pretty high. I'm just saying we have no evidence that he knows because he has never said so.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LTL, Glenn plays golf at Pebble Beach every year for a celebrity pro-am tournament. Fans can come up to him and meet him during this. We've done so more than once, so he recognizes us and knows we're super-hardcore-fans. This has led him to be kind to us by dedicating a song to us in Niagara Falls one time and letting us meet his wife and son at the Roxy. It is possible that the site has something to do with it, but he's never said so; he's only said that he can tell we are "sincere fans" and he appreciates that.

Here are the threads that tell of our adventures, if you have the time and energy to read them:

Pebble Beach in 2006

Pebble Beach in 2007

The Niagara Falls Dedication 2007

Pebble Beach in 2008

Soda, Dreamer, PLS: THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you, girls! My admiration and respect for Glenn just grows by the minute. For him to have introduced you to his wife and son speaks volumes. For all the effort the three of you always make for him (and all the work you have done on the website, Soda), you deserve it!

I was nearly in tears as I read the last part (and hugs and kisses, Dreamer! ) - that man is so very, very, very special. God bless him.

I'm so happy for Deacon that he got a chance to showcase his talent, which he seems to have in abundance! It is no mean feat to master "Get Over It" and "Hotel California" - those songs take serious skill to play properly! I can just imagine how proud Glenn and Cindy are of their son. How wonderful that Glenn is behind his boy all the way.

As for the photos: Soda and PLS, those are absolutely breathtaking! Deacon is a lovely boy (well, with genes from Glenn and Cindy, it was a foregone conclusion - he's going to be a knockout when he reaches adulthood!) and Glenn ... he just seems to get more gorgeous with every picture we see of him...

Have I expressed myself adequately?

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Soda, I was just saving the photos when I noticed something in the pic you took of Glenn and Deacon: the impressive Marshall amplifier to the left of Deacon. My Eagles fan friend, who plays lead guitar in our band (and who tackles "Hotel California"'s guitar solo all on his own) owns one of those. They're a rare sight around here, so it's great to see Glenn and company using one. I also spotted a Fender Deluxe amp in one of PLS's pics, one of which my friend also owns. He'd be very impressed with these photos!

Did I say thank you for sharing those photos with us?

Well, I finally managed to compress these videos (for some reason, my programs were having a hard time with the files). I apologize for the quality, but my poor digital camera wasn't meant to take video and didn't know what to focus on.

Deacon sings "Get Over It"
    Download as mpg (31 megs) :: Download as wmv (8 megs)

Deacon sings "I Hear You Knockin'"
    Download as mpg (35 megs) :: Download as wmv (9 megs)

Glenn sings "Some Kind of Wonderful"
    Download as mpg (41 megs) :: Download as wmv (10 megs)

A brief clip of "Hotel California"
    Download as mpg (9 megs) :: Download as wmv (3 megs)

Thanks for these links, Soda! I'm starting to download now!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda and PLS, those pics are absolutely fantastic. I too am downloading the videos. It really does speak volumes for your 'fandom' that Glenn trusts you enough to introduce you to his family. When I hear things like this my (already high) opinion of him just rockets! I'd say he DOES know that you are the person behind GFO, but the fact that whats posted is always truthful and complimentary to him (if sometimes a little wishful or tongue in cheek) means that he's happy to let it be.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP