Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Soda, what a fabulous evening you had with PLS and dreamer!

It's really wonderful that these young people got together for such a good cause, and that Glenn supported them, and the other big names as well. Deacon sounds like a truly talented young man, and it must have made Glenn and Cindy very proud to watch him. I think it's very cool that Deacon chose to play Eagles songs and one that his dad sings solo - that's a fine compliment from a son to his father.

The pictures are superb! Thanks PLS and Soda! I can see it was getting hot in there.

Deacon's guitar looks like a Gibson Firebird. Glenn uses one for In The City.

LOVE the 'big black crow' on Glenn's tee!!

And what happened afterwards is unbelievable. He is such a wonderful man, to introduce you to Cindy and Deacon. I expect he has talked about you at home, and really wanted you to meet his lovely family. What a sweetie he is. As for you getting a hug and a kiss, I really believe he values you as true friends now. Just fantastic!

Glenn Frey,

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan

LOVE the 'big black crow' on Glenn's tee!!
    Gosh, GEF, you are very sharp! I didn't even notice that! Very cool!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful photos of Deacon and Glenn! Thank you Soda and PLS!

What a cutie Deacon is! And how very nice and gracious Glenn and Cindy were to you all. Hugs and kisses? Incredible!

You girls must definitely portray the serious, smart, quality fan image. I'm very proud of you all. And very envious!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    You girls must definitely portray the serious, smart, quality fan image.
    Not so sure about THAT, lol.

Meeting his family was such an honor, but the whole night was just incredible. What a show! I'm so glad I went!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Soda and PLS... OMG!!!! I had time to read some of the links Soda posted, and I'm stunned! I have NO idea you were "connected" to the man. LOL

That's so cool that he had dubbed you his Angles! Really, I'd be freaking happy w/that nickname. I didn't get to read everything... but hot damn... what I did read.

You ladies sure now how to work it.

Did you guys ever get pictures of you all together w/Glenn?

I'm impressed w/your dedication to flying all over to see the man.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just watched the videos. They are awesome! Glenn looks like he is so proud of Deacon, as he should be. That kid is so talented! How cool of Glenn to do this and how cool that Deacon is so good! It was cute where Glenn would turn to the other side once in a while and grin, like he was loving, and even a bit surprised, at how good Deacon was doing! A rising star we have here!

I also loved that bit in SKOW where Glenn quit playing and raised his fist up while singing "chills run up and down my spine"! Made chills run up and down my spine!

Very, very, very cool! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW! Thanks for sharing those. Deacon was GREAT How cool. Glenn did look proud didn't he.

Stuck on the Border

I'll do screen captures of that when I've regained consciousness, probably tomorrow.

Deacon really sounded like his father in IHYK. He will realise in time that the line is 'I could never be wit'choo' but apart from that...... and I loved how Dad helped him out in GOI.

As for SKOW oh man, oh man. It had everything. Moving his head around. Leaning back from the mic. Hand gestures.

Thank you so much, Soda.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay – I’ve got a few minutes so I am going to try to fill in a few things that I remember about our weekend excursion in the City of Angels. To begin with, we knew that the stars had aligned properly for us to have a fantastic weekend as we were getting ready to get in to our rental car on Thursday afternoon. PLS let out a gasp as she noticed that the license plate number on our vehicle began with the letters GLF – could that have been any more perfect!!! I don’t think so.

Even though L.A. traffic sucks, we were only a little later reaching Dan Tana’s than what we had anticipated. As Soda said, since it didn’t occur to us to make reservations, we had a late dinner, but that worked out fine since we had also had a late lunch. The food is pricey, but it was excellent.

On Friday morning, we set out for the dream tour of any Eagles fan. The entire day was just cool as we spent our entire day leisurely driving around seeing all the sites on our “wish” list that Soda already talked about. It was a totally cool day. Even though we weren’t hungry when we got to the Sunset Grill, we felt obligated to order a single cheeseburger, which the three of us shared. When we got in the line at the Roxy around 6:00, it was fun meeting up with the other hardcore fans and chatting while we waited for the doors to open. Some of the fans had actually arrived earlier in the day in time to see Glenn and Deacon arrive for the sound check. Since it is a small venue, they could actually hear the sound check out on the street. My timing was a bit off because when Glenn arrived for the show, I had gone to the bathroom at the Rainbow Café next store, and didn’t get to see him. When they opened the doors and we went in, I was in a dream world knowing that I was going to be standing within a few feet of Glenn for the show. As we stood in our spots, we spotted Glenn almost immediately sitting at a table drinking a beer in the VIP section with Michael Thompson and another guy. PLS and Soda were in a deep conversation with some guy, but I was standing facing the stage talking to one of the fans we had met. Glenn was visible to me the whole time without me having to stare. After a while, Glenn got up and stood at the table behind the first table he was sitting at. He was talking to some other people, but I couldn’t tell who they were. As it turns out, one of them was Cindy. A few minutes before the show started, an elderly couple came in. As they approached, I saw Glenn go to meet them. He hugged and kissed them both. The girl that I was talking to and I speculated that it may be Glenn’s parents coming to see Deacon play. Deacon was down on the floor very near to us talking with his friends during most of the time before the show. I recognized him immediately because I thought he looked exactly like a bigger version of Otis in those pictures we had seen of him and Glenn with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar recently. When it came time for Glenn and Deacon’s set, I could see how proud Glenn was of Deacon even before they started playing. He just kept looking over at Deacon with a huge smile on his face. I am so glad that I decided to go – it was really something special to see. Within 2 minutes after their set started, I saw spit start to fly out of Glenn's mouth. I thought for sure it was going to hit me. lol At the end of Hotel California, Glenn walked over to Deacon and gave him a big hug – it was very sweet. Before Glenn left the stage, he came over to us and bowed and said thanks to us. Then he went over to the other girls that were on the front row and did the same thing. I thought that was sweet of him to acknowledge us. So it goes without saying that we were all amazed when he came through the crowd to talk to us. Cindy was so nice to us, and was very easy to talk to. As Soda said, we felt very honored to have the chance to chat with them. And then, of course, when Glenn gave us our goodbye hugs and kisses, I was left almost breathless.

After we left once again on Cloud 9, we made the Troubadour our last stop. It just seemed the perfect ending to a perfect trip as we sat in the bar “where it all started” sipping our screwdrivers. Glenn Frey continues to amaze me each time I get an opportunity to see him. I can relate a lot to what the guy in Shwayze said, “I’ve gotta stop following major legends.”

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower

I'll do screen captures of that when I've regained consciousness, probably tomorrow.

Deacon really sounded like his father in IHYK. He will realise in time that the line is 'I could never be wit'choo' but apart from that...... and I loved how Dad helped him out in GOI.

As for SKOW oh man, oh man. It had everything. Moving his head around. Leaning back from the mic. Hand gestures.

Thank you so much, Soda.
    FP, you are so funny! And so clever, too! I know how you feel, though, girlfriend - I watched the videos just before I packed up at work yesterday afternoon, and was blown away by Deacon's talent at such a young age, as well as touched by Glenn's obvious pride at his son doing so well. It's so important for parents to support and encourage their children, and Glenn seems to be a wonderful father. I actually felt quite emotional watching the love between father and son.

For some reason SKOW didn't download properly (only got the first few seconds), so I'll have to do it over. Therefore I am yet to be treated by all those Glennerisms you mention! I look forward to it!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down