Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    I enjoyed watching Cisco and Shwayze even tho I couldnt' understand half the words. The problem with rap is I can't listen as fast as they talk.lol As far as rap goes, theirs was pretty clean. The best part for me was watching Shwayze's eyes. They were positively glowing with the joy of performing.
    I guess it's all relative - but I still cringe when I hear these guys singing about "preying on sluts" and tattooing their names on girl's boobs. They did perform with spirit, though, no doubt about that.

Nothing to add to the Frey-centric part of the post!

Well, if you will remember, when Deacon sang "mirrors on the ceiling" I cringed and leaned over to say, "No, no, no...he can't know about mirrors on the ceiling! He's only 14!" lol

I think he chose GOI and HC because they could highlight his guitar playing - besides, what fourteen-year-old boy doesn't wanna holler "I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass"? lol!

PLS - I shared your reaction to that one, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I think he chose GOI and HC because they could highlight his guitar playing - besides, what fourteen-year-old boy doesn't wanna holler "I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass"? lol!

PLS - I shared your reaction to that one, lol.
    Lol, Soda, I thought that too! PLS, certainly my boys would have some inkling of that line at 15. They are a lot less innocent than I was at their age. I only found out what 'lines on the mirror' were a couple of years ago!

Thank you, thank you for posting those videos, Soda! I was quite emotional watching Glenn and Deacon. Deacon is very talented as a singer and guitarist, and man, he knows how to give it his all. Glenn, well, he is SKOW...

Dreamer and PLS, thank you for your reviews. It must have been overwhelming to meet Cindy. What a wonderful man Glenn is to his fans, to introduce you to his lovely family, and it's so lovely to hear how sweet and natural Cindy is. They are both blessed.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I was imagining what went down in the Frey household:

'Dad, I wanna play Don's cool songs! I don't wanna play your soppy ballads'! :P

As a 15 year old male, I would imagine that Deacon probably prefers more of Don's Eagles songs to his father's at the moment, but that is a big assumption to make.

Regarding the footage of SKOW this is the FIRST time I have seen close up film of Glenn the solo performer since Dublin. I am staggered by the man's charisma. I just love the way he moves and the way he uses his voice. Deacon couldn't have a better teacher.

I have to say it was interesting to hear Glenn sing some of GOI, a song I love, and a song I believe the Eagles should still be playing. That was a song where I believe the lyrics were an equal collaboration instead of being mainly by Don. I make no apology for wishing that Glenn would do more songs in this vein. Much as I love him singing ballads when he rocks out like that he is awesome.

As far as MF's comment about him seeming restricted by the guitar 'that was a dream some of us had', to quote Joni Mitchell. He will only drop the guitar if the song is a slow ballad. I live in hope. I thought he could have performed Somebody without a guitar but that is not what he does.

Fresh up on YouTube! This girl has zoom!

Get Over It

Hotel California Part 1

Hotel California Part 2

Stuck on the Border

Good GRIEF. I just died and went to heaven. I haven't even done my 'official' screen shots yet from Soda's video.

I believe young Deacon has the paternal eyelashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I was imagining what went down in the Frey household:

'Dad, I wanna play Don's cool songs! I don't wanna play your soppy ballads'! :P

Wow! I need to get a well paying job so i can just follow Soda around! LOL

Deacon is VERY good! How cute is it during the one part of GOI where he starts singing the wrong words (I think it's at "It's like going to confession....") and his Dad starts singing the right words for him. Deacon stops and listens to him and then kinda does this "oh yeah" motion with his head and starts singing again. SO cute

I also think it's cute how you can tell he has listened to these songs a lot because he does every little vocal twist or word that Don does when he sings it. I think he even does Don's "uhhh" after "she got the mercedes...." in the 2nd verse of HC. lol

Maleah - I noticed that about the Mercedes "uh" too, lol. And I LOVE your hot new signature banner!