Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Thanks! I just absolutely fell in love with that photo!!!!

Me too - it's one of my top 20 Don photos. I don't know what it is about it - perhaps all that sweat.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That could definently have something to do with it! And maybe the open neck of the henley? The expression on his face? The not overwhelming fro/facial hair combo?

Oh, the open neck of the henley is very nice. I find chests very sexy. I like to see them.

Back on topic - just got e-mailed this photo. It was taken by Gloria, one of the ladies we met at the Roxy, outside the venue before soundcheck:

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I was imagining what went down in the Frey household:

'Dad, I wanna play Don's cool songs! I don't wanna play your soppy ballads'! :P

As a 15 year old male, I would imagine that Deacon probably prefers more of Don's Eagles songs to his father's at the moment, but that is a big assumption to make.

Regarding the footage of SKOW this is the FIRST time I have seen close up film of Glenn the solo performer since Dublin. I am staggered by the man's charisma. I just love the way he moves and the way he uses his voice. Deacon couldn't have a better teacher.

I have to say it was interesting to hear Glenn sing some of GOI, a song I love, and a song I believe the Eagles should still be playing. That was a song where I believe the lyrics were an equal collaboration instead of being mainly by Don. I make no apology for wishing that Glenn would do more songs in this vein. Much as I love him singing ballads when he rocks out like that he is awesome.

As far as MF's comment about him seeming restricted by the guitar 'that was a dream some of us had', to quote Joni Mitchell. He will only drop the guitar if the song is a slow ballad. I live in hope. I thought he could have performed Somebody without a guitar but that is not what he does.
    I love your take on what went on in the Frey household, FP!

I must agree with you about Glenn's charisma, the way he moves and the way he uses his voice. He's outstanding, isn't he?

I also agree with you that the Eagles should still be performing GOI. I love the song too, and it was great to hear Glenn sing some of it. One of my favourite Eagles guitar solos (if not my favourite!) is Glenn's bluesy intro and soaring lead break in this song. It leaves me quite breathless! How wonderful it was to see him do it again in this video, and have much the same expressions as he had for it in HFO. I love the way he moves his head from side to side in part of the lead break. He's such an exciting performer! Heaven help me...

Regarding your comment that Glenn will only drop the guitar when he sings a slow ballad, I know of one up-tempo song for which he dropped the guitar: when he performed "Livin' Right" in "Live In Dublin". Now THERE is a performance that I savour - his little dance during the instrumental solo gets me all giddy!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Wow! I need to get a well paying job so i can just follow Soda around! LOL

Deacon is VERY good! How cute is it during the one part of GOI where he starts singing the wrong words (I think it's at "It's like going to confession....") and his Dad starts singing the right words for him. Deacon stops and listens to him and then kinda does this "oh yeah" motion with his head and starts singing again. SO cute
    Maleah, if you get that well paying job, can you get me one too so that I can join you all?

You're very sharp to have noticed the expression on Deacon's face after his father started singing the correct words for him. I think I was too busy watching Glenn singing the song to notice Deacon's reaction! I checked it out on these new YouTube videos (which are fantastic, by the way - thanks for the links, Soda! ), and yes, it is very cute! Awwwwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    I also think it's cute how you can tell he has listened to these songs a lot because he does every little vocal twist or word that Don does when he sings it. I think he even does Don's "uhhh" after "she got the mercedes...." in the 2nd verse of HC. lol
    It would seem that Deacon has inherited his dad's perfectionism and attention to detail!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Back on topic - just got e-mailed this photo. It was taken by Gloria, one of the ladies we met at the Roxy, outside the venue before soundcheck:

This is great, Soda - thanks for posting! I love photos like this. How nice of the lady to e-mail it to you.

Oh, and I just wanted to say in response to one of your earlier posts - I find chests very sexy, too - particularly that of Mr Frey...

Just a thought: as wonderful as the YouTube videos are, I was wondering why the person recording it didn't record the complete GOI performance - I was looking forward to the guitar solo flourish at the end! Perhaps the battery died!