Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Roxy, West Hollywood 4-11-08 (Benefit)

Default Get Over It Video

Hi Nancy,Kay, & Melissa! I could have kicked myself for not staying to meet Glenn. But after spending over 6 hrs in line all we wanted to do was go home. Glad that you guys got to meet them though!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Just a thought: as wonderful as the YouTube videos are, I was wondering why the person recording it didn't record the complete GOI performance - I was looking forward to the guitar solo flourish at the end! Perhaps the battery died!
    Excuse me for having to quote myself, but I realised that my first attempt at downloading Soda's recording of GOI was not entirely successful - the entire song has indeed been recorded, even if the YouTube version does not feature everything! I've got it now!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Re: Get Over It Video

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn

Hi Nancy,Kay, & Melissa! I could have kicked myself for not staying to meet Glenn. But after spending over 6 hrs in line all we wanted to do was go home. Glad that you guys got to meet them though!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow
    Welcome to The Border, Carol7lynn! How exciting for you to have attended this wonderful event. Six hours is indeed a long time to be in a queue, but I know it was all worth it!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

CL, welcome from me, too! How cool you got to see Glenn and Deacon in this small atmosphere!

Fp, love your take on the Frey household! And I agree, I think Deacon got the paternal eyelashes, too. He is a cutie!

Those new YouTube clips are great! I can just see and feel Glenn's pride in his son in those!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome to The Border from me too, Carol-Lynn. It was fun talking to you at the show last week. I am so sorry you weren't able to stick around, but I know you all must have been tired. We started to leave, then changed our minds and decided to check out Shwayze. Then, we went to the Troubadour and stayed for quite a while. We decided that there was no need to sleep since we had to be at the airport very early the next morning. I gotta admit, I'm still paying for it. I still haven't caught up on my sleep.

Anyway, tell Gloria hello and thanks for that pic of Glenn arriving for the sound check.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Fantastic work on those videos Soda, they really are fantastic.

Glenn certainly looks so proud of his son and Deacon played so well. In fact you could see how well they both interacted with and took their cues from each other.

It must have been a very proud moment for all of the extended Frey family to see father and son playing together so well.

And for the record MF and Soda I too love Mr Freys chest -the more of it I see the happier I am!

Dreamer, I'm sure sleep has been secondary this week. Don't worry, plenty of time to catch up
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Welcome Carol Lynn! It was great meeting you and Gloria. Yeah, you missed out on the tail end, but we still had a pretty good time, eh?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, honestly, if Victor hadn't looked me in the eye and made a "stay right there" motion with his hand when he said he'd find me a pick I'd have probably left before Shwayze was done. Of course, the little stinker either forgot or never intended to give me one in the first place since he never came back after he finished the load out. If he forgot, I forgive him. If he lied...for shame, his momma raised him better.

Welcome to The Border Carol-Lynn! Hope you have a ton of fun here!

btw-for some inane reason, Shwayze's buzzin has been going thru my head this morning.

"She was buzzin' all over me, buzzin' all over me, buzzin' all over me like she fell in love!" (That part? lol)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes!! That's the only part I know!