Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Charley Pride

Default RIP Charley Pride

Country legend Charley Pride has passed away from Covid19 at 86. One of my Dad's favorites. While very traditional for most folks here, he helped open doors for many artists. He was also
    an excellent professional baseball player back when teams were segregated.
    RIP.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: RIP Charley Pride

I'm not a huge fan of traditional country music (prefer the '70s-90s country), but that man broke many barriers. RIP Charley. Hopefully, he's kissing an angel good morning now.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Sad loss for all of us. Breaks my heart. RIP

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Charley was from my state of Mississippi. He broke the barriers of being the first African American country singers. He paved the way for other African American country singers. It took many many years before another African American became a big star.

I hope he didn’t get COVID-19 from when he was at the CMAs last month, but I haven’t heard any other artists got sick from when they were there.

RIP Charley. Thanks for making us African Americans proud.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

[QUOTE=shunlvswx;396420]

I hope he didn’t get COVID-19 from when he was at the CMAs last month, but I haven’t heard any other artists got sick from when they were there.

I thought that he really didn't look well on the award show, and was concerned. He my have been compromised when he caught it.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

RIP.

He paved the way for a lot of artists to follow. His brand of country isn't my thing (I'm a modern pop-country guy), but he was an icon. And it's so sad he passed due to COVID. Terrible way to go. I saw him on the CMA's and thought he looked to not be in the best health. I hope he didn't get it there as I feel that event should have been forced to go virtual, but he got it somewhere and nothing can be done about it now.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

From what this article said, his family said he was admitted to the hospital late November. So he might not had gotten it at the show. He could had gotten it after Thanksgiving since that’s late November. But than again. His symptoms could had showed up after tested negative.

Either way. What a sad way to die.

https://ew.com/music/charley-pride-c...tent=algorithm

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

So sad another great loss. Rest in Peace Mr. Pride.

Many are speculating that he got it at the CMA awards but they say he tested negative before he flew there again when he landed and again the day of the show. He also tested negative after he flew home and had a few more test in the days following the show.
    There was three groups that had to drop out of the show because member(s) of their groups tested positive the day of the show.
    It sounds like the CMA tested people for days after the show. Probably the time frame to catch it if he was exposed at the show. Now it really doesn't matter where he got it but he's gone. Used to watch him on the Grand Ole Oprey show when I was a kid.
    Its sad enough that we are losing our older icons because of age but now it's covid 19.
    Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Charley Pride was a true country music pioneer for sure. I'm not a huge country music fan either, but I remember that I couldn't get 'Kiss an Angel Good Morning' out of my head when it first came out. My aunt in Nashville knew him and said he was a really nice guy. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and fans during this sad time.

R.I.P. Charley Pride

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016