Thread: RIP Ann Reinking.

Default RIP Ann Reinking.

Actress/Dancer/choreographer Ann Reinking died this past Saturday.

You may remember her as Grace Farrell in the 1982 version of Annie. A favorite movie of hers I liked was a movie called Micki and Maude co starring with Dudley Moore and Amy Irving. She was mostly a theater actress than screen actress.

RIP Ann.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-18-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

Default Re: RIP Ann Reinking.

Ann Reinking was an amazingly talented dancer and choreographer. She played Roxie Hart in both the original Broadway production of Chicago in the 70s (replacing Gwen Verdon who originated the role) and the Broadway revival opposite Bebe Neuwirth's Velma Kelly. She was Bob Fosse's muse and no one could embody his choreography the way she could. Here's a clip of her from All That Jazz, Fosse's fictionalized film of his life, where she played a fictionalized version of herself.

I didn't know who she was and then some of my friends started posting videos of her playing Grace in 1982's Annie. How I loved that movie as a child! RIP to a very talented lady.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Like Soda, I didn't recognize her name either, but I definitely recognize her work. I agree she was a very talented lady.

May she rest in peace.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016