Thread: Happy birthday to the Border!

Default Happy birthday to the Border!

Well, it's hard to believe, but we turn 14 today, or 15 if you count the year we were "Flip City" (2005).

That's longer than a most of my sisters' children have been alive!

I was digging around trying to find some old images of Flip City, but strangely, couldn't come up with any! But here is the first blue banner from when we made the shift:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Happy birthday to the Border!

Happy Birthday, Border!
    Such a valuable resource, and an enjoyable place to visit with others who share our passion(especially during these trying times)! Thanks so much Soda, Dreamer, GA, all who make it possible; and this great community of fine folks who bring it to life! 🙂
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Happy Birthday to The Border!

I lurked here for about a year before I actually joined. Haven't been really active lately because of work and other things, but The Border is my first stop in the morning. I need to see what's going on in the music world, what the Eagles are up to... and how my fellow Border citizens are doing. I really wished I'd found this place about 10 years ago.

Thanks for the community, soda!

Stuck on the Border

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER !

I also lurked for about a year before I joined. I am so happy I found this form and am able to share my love of the Eagles with all my Border friends here. Thank You Soda, Dreamer, GA and everyone who has continued to make this board possible. Sending my thanks to all !

Edited to add : Boy, I wish I could see some of those Flip City posts/forms. That would be very cool !
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 12-17-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Happy Birthday to The Border!

I can't begin to explain how much I am grateful for this place. I've said on another post, that I have depression and the Eagles music, my online friends, and all my fellow Border members help me survive another day. Thank You Soda, Dreamer, GA, and all the others who make this wonderful fan site possible. I love you all! Here's to many more years of being on the Border!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Happy birthday to the Border!

I haven't been active much for the past few years ("real" life gets in the way), but this forum has meant allot to me since I joined over five years ago. When Glenn passed away, The Border became my crutch. It helped me immensely during that period, and the people on here are amazing! It's so nice to have a "safe place" to discuss one of my favorite bands and its members in such detail, without judgement or getting crazy looks from others. My thanks to Soda and the rest of the gang for keeping this place running, especially given the hardship of Glenn's passing.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 12-17-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Happy birthday Border! So glad I stumbled upon such an awesome place. Kudos to Soda and all the moderators that make it so sweet! Cheers!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Belated Happy Birthday to the Border! I was lucky enough to be one of the early Border members, having found glennfreyonline.com a few months before. Having been to see the Eagles play in Dublin earlier in 2006 and being MORE than a little impressed with Glenn I had endeavoured to find out more about him. Well I certainly did that and I also found a treasure trove of new friends quite a number of whom I have managed to meet in the flesh as well as online, and who have become lifelong friends.

So to the Border and once again so much gratitude to Soda who keeps it all going!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Happy belated birthday to the Border! I'm so grateful to have found this site and you all. I joined after Glenn's death but lurked for about a year before posting anything. Thanks Soda, Dreamer, and all the other moderators for keeping this going!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

A special thanks to Soda for creating the board and all of the EOC sites and also for bearing the brunt of the financial responsibilities associated with keeping this thing going. I know she appreciates how others have pitched with donations over the years. But, as we have said many times - The Border would have been nothing more than an empty shell without the participation and support of all of our members throughout all these years. I am proud to have been a part of it and help out my good friend since the beginning.

Soda and I were talking just the other night about how, in the beginning, we expected that the board may last for a few short years. We were so excited when we celebrated its 5th anniversary and then it just kept growing. Then, there was the biggest blow of all with the passing of our beloved Glenn Frey. We were uncertain about the future of the board once Glenn was gone, and even though participation has dwindled somewhat since then, here we still are. And, hopefully, the board will remain for years to come as a resource of information for Eagles fans.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. And thanks again to all the wonderful Eagles fans that I have been privileged to meet both online and in person over the past 15 years. What a journey it's been!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016