Thread: Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President Documentary

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President Documentary

If you get a chance to see Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President on CNN, our Eagles are mentioned and a few video clips of the band fundraising for Jerry Brown.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President Documentary

How cool. Thanks.

I watched it as I'm a CNN devotee. I didn't even know it was going to be on, it just came on as I had it on the TV in the background. I was curious what it was going to be like.

This was an awesome documentary folks! Gives you an appreciation for Jimmy Carter as a person and his love for music that maybe some didn't know about. I knew about the artists that campaigned for him but I had no idea just how in tune he was with the music (no pun intended). When you can get people from the Deep South like the people from the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, etc to vote for a Democratic candidate in any political race, either lightning has struck or it was for Jimmy Carter's presidential candidacy. He truly was the coolest president from that time period, and far better than the Ronald Reagan administration that followed for 8 years. Of course my experience is second hand listening to my parents and doing research on what it was like back then. My dad was a union worker and the biggest reason he hated Reagan was for that very reason.

Regardless of Carter's politics anyone who loves Southern Rock music and the rock n' roll music from that time period as well as learning about Jimmy Carter - the man, owe it to themselves to watch this doc. It leaves out a lot of politics stuff that don't have to do with the campaign and the artists that occured after he took office. As a Democrat, I'd still like to think Republicans could enjoy this documentary, especially those that love Southern Rock and the south and rock music in general. It has great interviews & footage.

I did catch the Eagles bits with Jerry Brown. They had one woman on there that said that she didn't like Jerry Brown and that "the Eagles didn't change that". LOL, I tend to overread into it so I don't know if she had a beef with the Eagles or didn't like them, or maybe she liked them but that wasn't enough to change her mind (which of course only makes sense). But I kinda sensed she wasn't a fan LOL. Anyone else who watches this and catches that part can feel free to share what they took that comment to mean, haha.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I watched it as I'm a CNN devotee. I didn't even know it was going to be on, it just came on as I had it on the TV in the background. I was curious what it was going to be like.

This was an awesome documentary folks! Gives you an appreciation for Jimmy Carter as a person and his love for music that maybe some didn't know about. I knew about the artists that campaigned for him but I had no idea just how in tune he was with the music (no pun intended). When you can get people from the Deep South like the people from the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, etc to vote for a Democratic candidate in any political race, either lightning has struck or it was for Jimmy Carter's presidential candidacy. He truly was the coolest president from that time period, and far better than the Ronald Reagan administration that followed for 8 years. Of course my experience is second hand listening to my parents and doing research on what it was like back then. My dad was a union worker and the biggest reason he hated Reagan was for that very reason.

Regardless of Carter's politics anyone who loves Southern Rock music and the rock n' roll music from that time period as well as learning about Jimmy Carter - the man, owe it to themselves to watch this doc. It leaves out a lot of politics stuff that don't have to do with the campaign and the artists that occured after he took office. As a Democrat, I'd still like to think Republicans could enjoy this documentary, especially those that love Southern Rock and the south and rock music in general. It has great interviews & footage.

I did catch the Eagles bits with Jerry Brown. They had one woman on there that said that she didn't like Jerry Brown and that "the Eagles didn't change that". LOL, I tend to overread into it so I don't know if she had a beef with the Eagles or didn't like them, or maybe she liked them but that wasn't enough to change her mind (which of course only makes sense). But I kinda sensed she wasn't a fan LOL. Anyone else who watches this and catches that part can feel free to share what they took that comment to mean, haha.
    That woman is Rosanne Cash, Johnny Cash's daughter and great musician in her own right.
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 01-05-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    That woman is Rosanne Cash, Johnny Cash's daughter and great musician in her own right.
    Ahh ok. I didn't look quick enough at the screen to see what the name was, I'm very familiar with the name and a couple of her songs but I didn't remember what she looked like. I just did and that was definitely her.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I DVR'ed the documentary, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully, I'll get a chance sometime this week. Sounds interesting!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016