Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

There is a series on HLN (Headline News Network) called How It Really Happened, hosted by a guy named Hill Harper. They’ve done programs on the demise of Whitney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael and David Cassidy. They’re going to be doing a program about Glenn Frey, but I don’t know what date it’s scheduled to be broadcast.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    There is a series on HLN (Headline News Network) called How It Really Happened, hosted by a guy named Hill Harper. They’ve done programs on the demise of Whitney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael and David Cassidy. They’re going to be doing a program about Glenn Frey, but I don’t know what date it’s scheduled to be broadcast.
    Thanks for posting that, NMB!

Here's the link to the episode guides:
    https://www.cnn.com/shows/how-it-really-happened

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Hmm, those are older episodes and I don’t see Glenn mentioned. I just saw a commercial for the show and he is mentioned (among many other names) and his photo is shown. The program airs on Sundays at 9pm EST - not necessarily the Glenn episode, but I’m going to keep my eyes peeled.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the heads up, NMB. I'll definitely has to keep an eye out for Glenn's episode.

If anyone sees an air date for this, please keep us posted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for giving us the info NMB. Like the others I'd like to see this too though I doubt it will be aired in Ireland.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

This is really exciting news. I think I'll start a separate thread for this show and move these posts to the new thread.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks CA. I was waiting to see if/when a show like this would come. I am surprised the REELZ Network has not done something like this. I hope Glenn's family does not see it - it seems like such an invasion of privacy. Besides no one has ever talked much about Glenn's last couple of months in the hospital. Just a few statements by Bob and Irvin.

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

New thread done!

NKIT - I haven't seen any episodes of this show before. Is the show just trashy journalism or is it more like a documentary? I am hoping for the latter. There aren't that many details about Glenn's illness so I am hoping it is going to be more of a tribute to his music and life.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    New thread done!

NKIT - I haven't seen any episodes of this show before. Is the show just trashy journalism or is it more like a documentary? I am hoping for the latter. There aren't that many details about Glenn's illness so I am hoping it is more of a tribute to his music and life.
    Hi Dreamer - I don't know. I have never seen any of this networks shows. I have seen shows on the REELZ network. They are the network that does "The Breaking of the Band" series, "The Last Days of Whitney, Prince" etc and "Autopsy of...."
    The Breaking of the Band on the Eagles was horrible. It made out like Don was the only talented person in the band and Glenn was the bad guy.

EDIT: As a side note - It does seem as if they have more RA and UC commercials on tv since Glenn passed. Just MHO though.