Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

OMG - I sure hope it's nothing like that. Guess I'll have to check out some of the episodes to prepare myself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

I'm surprised they haven't done an the Autopsy and the Last Days episode on Glenn (I know they did one on David who died 8 days before Glenn), but than again. Maybe that's good. I've seen some Autopsy episodes, but not the Last Days episodes.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hopefully it’ll be done tastefully, reelz shows tend to be trashy/exploitive, in my opinion. I am not familiar with this series either.

I don't even know if I have the HLN channel but I'll definitely check it out if I can! These sorts of shows are hit or miss, I hope it's not trashy like the reelz shows.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It's not trashy like some of the programs mentioned but it isn't strictly a tribute either. The episodes I saw on Prince, George Michael and Whitney Houston were fairly balanced [going on at some length about their musical talent and career] but also pretty unstinting on the negative/controversial details.

For the Glenn episode, we can expect that they will give full due to his work ethic and talent but will also go into his conflicts with other band members, womanizing and drug use. The Frey family lawsuit against the doctor will certainly be addressed.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I've got my DVR set.
    HLN (used to be Headline News), is associated with CNN. The shows I've seen on the channel are not over-dramatic or full of false information. There is a bit of sensationalism, but not anything that's undue.
    Yeah. Breaking Band was so bad. And remember the "Rock Legends" show on AXS? Those idiots got name pronunciations wrong (Fray) and facts totally wrong (Glenn came out California with Bob Seger's band) and dissed Glenn so much!
    I really think the HLN will be more fact based. At least I hope so.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Here’s the coming attraction. Warning: it’s sad.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOi9-mMD6RQ

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Here’s the coming attraction. Warning: it’s sad.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOi9-mMD6RQ
    ​It does look sad, but also a beautiful dedication to him. I look forward to seeing it.

It sounds interesting.

From the voices I heard, it sounds like Bill and Irving are part of it. I wonder if Cindy is ok with this. If I'm correct and Irving is in this, Cindy is probably ok with this episode.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I hope this is not a disappointment. We all would like to see a tribute, although a show that sensationalizes death is not likely to be what we have been hoping for. I think that we might find out about the status of Cindy's lawsuit.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."