Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

I don't want to know too much about his death. There's something very disturbing about the idea of being put into an induced coma and then never waking up. In the last year, I've seen too many pictures of people on ventilators and it looks worse than I imagined.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

I don't think I will be able to get it live on Sunday night (and I am 5 hrs ahead of the USA) but I do hope I will catch it at some stage afterwards. I will keep my eyes and ears open.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

They will be repeating a lot, so hopefully folks will find a time that they can catch it. Looking ahead in my cable's listings, they will be repeating it at 11pm Sunday night, 5pm Monday, 12AM Wed., and at 8pm on 4/10 and 11 am on 4/11. All of these are Central times, so people would need to see how that relates to them; and what their provider says.
    I only hope that it deserves to be repeated!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I have my dvr set and when I watch, I'll have my tissue box handy.

I've got my TV set to record as well. I'm honestly a bit nervous about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It’s good so far (almost 45 mins in); very respectful. I got a bit emotional when Don H visits Glenn in the hospital in 1990.

Aww, I think there were a couple pics from Glenn’s marriage to Cindy

It was a lot better than I feared from the title. It focused on his life rather than his death for most of it, although his health problems were of course a major component and dominated the last ten minutes. They do mention the lawsuit, which has not yet been resolved.

No appearances from band members, close friends, or family, but at least there were interviews with people who knew him at one time and people who were there at key moments being discussed.

There were even a few clips I hadn’t seen before.

I noticed a couple minor errors such as getting the date wrong on his HFO diverticulitis attack, but overall it seemed pretty accurate.

I have mixed feelings. I guess it’s a nice tribute on the one hand for the most part, on the other hand, I really hated listening to a doctor sit there and give me a run down of all the things that probably contributed to his death. It spoils what came before to a degree.

I have been trying not to focus too much on the Eagles since I’m not going to go see any shows live but watching this just brings those emotions back up to full intensity. I will never stop missing Glenn Frey.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It was a good episode. It seem like they got most of their info from HOTE and put it in their own words, but I’m glad it wasn’t like the other specials that other stations put out that wasn’t good.

I was screaming at my tv about that one information they got wrong about them stopping the hell freezes over tour about he got sick.

It was nice seeing pictures from Cindy and Glenn’s wedding (I think it was). I never seen pictures from their wedding.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Was the error about the HFO tour stoppage in the year: did they say it was 1995 when it was actually 1994?