Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

It was a relief to hear that it was done with respect. I hope I'll get to see it some day.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: “The Last Days of Glenn Frey: Heartache Tonight” on HLN Sunday, April 4th

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Was the error about the HFO tour stoppage in the year: did they say it was 1995 when it was actually 1994?
    Hi NMB how are you doing ? The tour took a break in apx. Sept. 1994 so Glenn could have the surgery. I believe they resumed in Jan. 1995(I saw them in March 1995). A lot seemed to come from the HOTE movie. I thought it was respectful but nothing I(we) had not heard before. I was surprised to see Bobby "Norton" Thompson speaking. The guy he co-authored his book with stated he suffered from "slight dementia".
    Shun - The pictures from Glenn & Cindy's wedding were in the Thompson book. The first time I remember seeing those pictures were in his book.
    I think the Doctor did a good job explaining how serious RA is and it's long term effects on the body. Sad to hear but gave insight to how serious the condition is.

EDIT: Is it just me or does there seem to be tons more commercials on RA & UC since Glenn's passing ?
    Chaim - I bet it will appear on You Tube soon. Hopefully you can see it than.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Was the error about the HFO tour stoppage in the year: did they say it was 1995 when it was actually 1994?
    Yes that was the error.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Shun - The pictures from Glenn & Cindy's wedding were in the Thompson book. The first time I remember seeing those pictures were in his book.
    Oh ok. I didn't know that. I bought his book, but I really haven't started reading yet. It was still cool to see them.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I agree that, overall, the show was done tastefully and there wasn't a lot of sensationalism. I was relieved and found the show entertaining, albeit not too informative for us hardcores. However, I did hear a couple of things I'd not heard before, as well as, seeing a few photos that I hadn't seen before. It seemed that Bobby 'Norton' Thompson was a major contributor. I'm glad to see that Glenn Frey Online seemed to be a very useful resource as well ... especially the photo gallery. I'm glad that they did this - it is a fitting tribute to Glenn.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I finally got around to watching it. I was worried, but you guys said it was tasteful and I felt they did a good job. Wasn’t sensationalized, however I thought the host was annoying, had an over the top delivery, kinds Casey Kasem-ish. Otherwise respectful.