Thread: Greenwich CT concert?!

Default Greenwich CT concert?!

So ya….I was looking for Concert news in general for CT and this popped up. I didn’t believe it at all and considered it fake, however it’s true. I can’t believe it. Eagles along with Zac Brown Band and others will perform at a concert that is for Greenwich CT residents only or people that work in Greenwich. They say it’s privately funded. I wonder how much The boys are getting for this?? I am super shocked! Apparently 2020 tickets are being honored for 2021 so none available. I never knew Greenwich did this. Eric Clapton, Santana and others have done it in the past.

https://www.greenwichtownparty.org/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Greenwich CT concert?!

Good detective work, KW. A very cool annual event for the Greenwich community.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

KingWalsh-

just wanted to thank you for posting about this concert. I ended up going up to CT last night and met a friend who I grew up with, and we got in to see the show. I never would have known about this concert if you hadn’t posted. As a former CT resident (albeit from the poor part of Fairfield County) I was amazed to find out that Greenwich has this event each year, and they get some serious bands. Who knew???

I ended up wanting to go after seeing them at MSG 2 weeks ago. I don’t want to get into the legitimacy of the current band debate, as I know it’s a sore subject, and I’m not giving an opinion. As a long time fan myself (I’ve seen them in concert at least one time in each of the last 6 decades, which makes me feel really old), I miss Glenn. It hurts my heart how much I miss Glenn. But in the last few years I’ve lost several people close to me, and obviously have gone through the pandemic like everyone here. It’s been brutal, and has made me think about a lot of things, and one of them was my love of the Eagles and their music.

Seeing them now is obviously very different, yet so much is familiar. The harmonies, musicianship, etc. remain. Deacon seems like a nice young man, and appears to be quite humble and grateful. I’d have to think his parents were, and Cindy is, very proud of him. I like him a lot. I also like Vince Gill. He’s a great guitarist, and I really like his voice. Don still sounds great, and Timothy and Joe are also still really good.

That said, of course there is a huge Glenn size hole in the band. How can there not be? It has been both comfortingly familiar and really sad and painful to see them since he’s gone. In seeing them I chose to focus on the good stuff. The stuff that I still love about them, and can take away from seeing them. It’s just too hard for me personally to not see them if they are playing. I feel like so many of the bands of my youth are nearing their last dance performing-wise, and I need to see them one more time. 2 weeks ago I saw the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne and James Taylor in the span of 4 days. It was both happy and difficult. I feel like time is slipping away to see them.

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up. To anyone on the fence about seeing them, I would say go, as long as you think it won’t be too sad for you. I had a really nice time last night, and the people who were working at the event couldn’t have been nicer. The guy who had the extra tickets that he gave us was a sweetheart. If it’s the last time I see them, I’m ok with that. I felt Glenn there with me, if only because Deacon looks so much like him. It’s uncanny, and did make me smile when they put the picture up of Glenn and Deacon as a young boy holding a guitar. ❤️❤️❤️

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good to hear from you, NYC Fan and hope all is going well for you. I'm one that has no interest to see a show without Glenn, but I'm glad that you found it to be cathartic and enjoyed the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Good to hear from you, NYC Fan and hope all is going well for you. I'm one that has no interest to see a show without Glenn, but I'm glad that you found it to be cathartic and enjoyed the show.
    Dreamer

Thanks, and I hope all is well with you during this tough time as well. Cathartic is definitely what it was for me. It’s also nice that things in NYC are getting back to some sense of normalcy. Getting to go out to shows has been fun, and the precautions the venues take make me feel better about being there in a crowd.

Take care!

Glad to be of service NYCfan So glad you were able to go! Lucky!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the announcement. How big was it? From some twitter/Instagram posts it looked like a pretty big crowd. According to setlist https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-738c2a19.htmlthey played quite a set. I was expecting a much shorter one.here is a link with pics of concert and review https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/s...ich-226076.php

I know the current lineup is much debated on here. However, I totally agree with you. I have posted before similar sentiments as you. I saw them at Msg in Feb 2020 for the first time ever (it was amazing, and of course I miss Glenn) , after a concert drought of decades due to life, work etc just not allowing it. I missed many shows and regret it, some artists have passed so I missed out. Now that my kids are older, I am trying to make up for lost time, before there isn't the chance left. On Sept 19, I am seeing Alice Cooper and Ace Frehely in Bridgeport , CT. Very excited for this one as well.

You are right, time is not waiting for no one, our cherished classic rock acts are aging and if you can get to see them before it's too late.

I just read the article in the paper and no mention of Timothy. What the heck....
    Boy looking to the pictures, Joe's hair sure is long..Haven't seen it like that in a while.
    Looks like they played a good set too,

KW-

i think I read that they sold 6,000 regular tickets, plus some donor, etc. tickets. So maybe 7,000 people? It was in a park by the waterfront, which was really nice, as you could always hang out by the harbor and hear if you couldn’t get in. They also set up screens facing the water so that the boat owners could watch from their boats. Because, Greenwich…. 😂😂😂

Eagles played just under 2 hours, but fit quite a few songs in. Don said they wouldn’t talk too much, so that they could play more music. Every band had a fairly strict allotted time, and the Eagles ended right at 10 PM.

it was a bit surreal to see them playing in a town park, but most people seemed pretty into them. There was standing GA at the front, and at the back you could sit with your lawn chairs. Huge screens on either side of the stage. It seemed like a very well run event…

Good for you to be seeing some shows now! Is that Bridgeport show at the outdoor venue by Harbor Yard? I’ve never been there (assuming it’s fairly new), but saw it from the highway on my way up to VT this weekend. It looks nice, so enjoy!

Sounds awesome NYCfan! Greenwich boats LMAO!! Nice size crowd. So So cool. Surreal is a good word! Lucky dog!!

Ya saw Ace and Alice Sunday. They rocked Hard and Loud! Ace started a few minutes early, it went by so fast. Opened with Rocket Ride! So So cool! Alice played quite a few new songs which was nice because his new album isn't bad at all. His band is so tight. Nita is such an inspiration for us girl guitarists!!

The venue is the old Harbor Yard baseball stadium. Opened this year It's so nice. Even the last row is a decent seat from farther back! Huge screens as well. The only thing was i heard there was supposed to be all these local food vendors...there wasn't that much that night, who knows. But I would definitely go to another concert there.

Here’s a video of the band playing “Boys of Summer”; Don sounds really good here. At first I wondered what happened to Vince and Steuart but they do get shown towards the end.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...