Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

I can't believe she sang Heart of the Matter!
    And she did really, really well. She has a great voice and was very natural on stage. She is very professional and has had a lot more experience than some of the others.
    I wish Joe had been able to be there--although of course, we know where he is. She said in the intro that he wasn't really happy about her doing a reality show, but hopefully he will be able to be there to support her at the other shows.

I found the promo you mentioned on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW8WHzAbYuo

And a cute "side by side" photo of her and Joe:

http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1584771&pid=2878747

Here is a video of Lucy talking about growing up, and there are a few nice photos of her when she was a child with Joe:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584795&vid=221810

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That was interesting. I didn't know who Lucy's mother was, so I was glad to see a picture of her--she is very pretty. Lucy also plays piano beautifully.

Did you click on the "Baby Pictures" link? There is a picture of Lucy in footie pajamas at Joe's feet, and the caption says:

As a baby, Lucy Walsh couldn't sleep unless she heard the guitar solo from 'Hotel California' live, every night.

Who needs lullabies when you can hear Hotel California every night? I know I would sleep like a baby too, if I heard a certain someone croon that song to me every night!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh man, I forgot about it!

Thanks for the links guys! At least I can catch those parts! I'm glad she did well.

I can't believe she is so candid!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was listening to a clip of Joe on Steve Dahl's show the other day, & he talked a little about Lucy and the show. From what I gathered, he pretty much told her he was really sorry, but he just couldn't do the show. As she said on the show last night, he doesn't like reality shows. At first, I thought that if Lucy continues to do so well he might change his mind, but the more I think about it, I think he is right. Most of those "rock star" parents aren't really performing anymore, and therefore looking for something to do, some kind of exposure. Joe is still at the top of his game and doesn't want to be lumped in with them. There really is some kind of stigma attached to reality shows.

The other thing is, Lucy is so obviously the most talented singer of the group, she doesn't NEED this show. She could definitely make it without it!

Joe is too busy to attend each week now even if he wanted to, since the Eagles are touring.

It's interesting that Joe doesn't like reality shows because I remember in Rolling Stone a couple years ago he talked about doing one with Lucy as the star. Perhaps he just doesn't like this type of reality show.

I bet if Lucy goes all the way to the top, he'll show up for the finale, though.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Dang! I missed it.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Okay, I just watched a couple of Youtube videos of Lucy singing. She really has a nice voice. I hope she wins. What's the prize??? I'm so behind on this show.

I think the dynamics of this whole thing are very interesting. Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.) Joe obviously doesn’t like reality TV either. So Lucy agrees to do this show, her dad is the only one who doesn't come, and she sings a Don Henley song.

Can you imagine the discussion the Eagles had about this?

When you put it that way... lol!