Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

You can watch the full episode online now:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584232&vid=221818

Lucy's segment in particular:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1584232&vid=221820#

The prize is a record deal.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks Soda!

I think she's really good. Interesting she chose a Don song, but maybe she doesn't want to be compared to her Dad. And maybe she's mad at her Dad for not helping her. But she has to understand he's busy right now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

From Rolling Stone's Rock Daily online--here is their take on last night's show:

Each week on MTV’s Rock the Cradle, the sons and daughters of musical icons compete for the sort of exposure they would have received anyway on the basis of their DNA. Rock Daily sorts through the nepotistic wreckage.

Children’s Story: Each contestant got his or her own introduction, and everybody’s story is pretty much the same: Mom or Dad wasn’t really around, then dealt with drugs (Lucy Walsh, daughter of Eagle Joe Walsh), jail (Landon Brown, son of Bobby), bankruptcy (A’Keiba Burrell-Hammer) or apathy (pretty much everybody else).

Baby Geniuses: Jesse Snider (son of Twisted Sister frontman Dee) acquitted himself surprisingly well on Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll,” Lil B. Sure (son of Al) crooned a Donny Hathaway song that wasn’t embarassing and Landon Brown worked his way through Seal’s “Crazy” with more dignity than his dad has ever done anything. But the clear favorite (and top-scorer of last night) is Lucy Walsh, whose poised presentation of Don Henley’s “Heart of the Matter” showed that she not only has vocal talent but also has more charisma than her hard hat-wearing dad ever did.

Red-Headed Stepchild: Poor pitiful Chloe Lattanzi (daughter of Olivia Newton-John). She grew up “alone in big houses,” battled anorexia and paparazzi, had never performed in front of a crowd before last night and looked like a total disaster. During her version of INXS’ “Never Tear Us Apart,” she sounded like somebody doing an unflattering Fiona Apple impression on Saturday Night Live.

Who Is Getting Disowned: Lattanzi technically gave the worst performance by a mile, though Crosby Loggins’ (son of Kenny) ho-hum run through “(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding” had negative personality, and the fact that he went last on a ninety-minute telecast might work against him. But if there’s any justice in the universe, host Ryan Devlin will get sent home, as he is a black hole from which no charisma can escape.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh thanks for that. She did great. That Larry Rudolph REALLY LIKED HER - lol.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I just watched a few of the others - I thought Jesse Snyder was good and thought Hammer's daughter A'Keiba definitely had potential but it's clear Lucy is going to be the front runner. As for the guy who is the host - OMG where did they get him? He's really not good at this. I noticed a lot of comments were negative about the host - I wonder if they will change him out??

Her voice is definitely distinctive, which kept the cover of HOTM from being too close to the original for her to stand apart (the faster tempo also helped).

Her face was the most expressive of all of them as well, which counts for a lot when you're trying to engage an audience.

I Wish they would show different footage of Joe than a continuous loop of "Life's Been Good" from F1 where he's in the hard hat. It's not like they don't have more to choose from.

ETA: I agree with you, TBSF. I don't dislike the host that much, but he screwed up a couple times and it detracted from the show. I also agree that Snyder did great. I was surprised at how low some of his scores were.

I'm a little nervous about how much she's favored this first round. Folks like to root for the underdog, and this is a public-determined contest. Let's hope her obvious talent outshines such psychology.

I just tried to log on to Rock the Cradle to look at Lucy's segment again, and it won't let me access it. I can watch everybody else's performance but not hers. When I click on her icon, it goes back to the beginning of the show every time. I can't even find it on YouTube. I wonder what happened?

Hmm, I'm able to access it just fine.

I just tried it again and it came up this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I think the dynamics of this whole thing are very interesting. Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.) Joe obviously doesn’t like reality TV either. So Lucy agrees to do this show, her dad is the only one who doesn't come, and she sings a Don Henley song.

Can you imagine the discussion the Eagles had about this?
    I think I missed something.......what did he say about Carrie? Was this after her performance of Desperado? lol