Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Don hates reality TV--remember when he made those harsh comments about American Idol? (Although he likes Carrie Underwood now that she has proven herself.)
    I think I missed something.......what did he say about Carrie? Was this after her performance of Desperado? lol
    Don was criticial of American Idol in an interview he gave in Australia several years ago, basically saying that Idol participants had not earned their star status by working their way through the ranks like traditional singers and rock bands.

But, several Idol winners such as Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood have had great success, using Idol as a springboard but backing their win with hard work and talent. Last fall when the Eagles and Carrie both performed on the CMA Awards show, Carrie said some very complementary comments about the Eagles, and Don gave a short interview returning the favor, saying Carrie was very talented and "the real thing."

Oooooh I see. Thanks for sharing!

my sister/brother-in-law wanted me to try out for Idol.....its funny when you'd never do it simply because you're too scared of what Don would think of you. lol

Part 2 of Rock the Cradle airs tonight. I hope Lucy does as well tonight as she did last week. The MTV website showed a picture of Lucy and the caption read that she was "Singing a song selected for her by her father, Joe Walsh." So it looks like he has a little more involvement this week.

Then I saw this little blurb on getting tix to the show:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Be in our VIP audience up front and in the pit and party like a Rock Star as two television giants, MTV and Fremantlemedia (the producers of American Idol), team up to bring you a music sensation unlike anything you've ever seen, ROCK THE CRADLE.

Rock the Cradle will feature the talented offspring of some of Hollywood's biggest music stars facing off each week by performing songs in front of a live audience! Featuring contestants Chloe Rose Lattanzi (Olivia Newton John), Jesse Money (Eddie Money), Landon Brown (Bobby Brown), Jesse Blaze Snider (Dee Snider), Lara Johnston (Tom Johnston), Lucy Walsh (Joe Walsh), Akeiba Burrell Hammer (MC Hammer), Crosby Loggins (Kenny Loggins), and Lil' Al B. Sure (Al B. Sure)!

The suggested age range for attendance is 16-25 years old!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL, that certainly omits most of the posters here, doesn't it? I guess we will just have to rock out here at home.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Just watched Rock the Cradle and Joe was there. Lucy didn't do as good as last week but I agree that the song wasn't the best choice for her voice. BUT at least her Dad was there for her. What I can't figure out is why they kept him in the dark instead of turning a spot light on him like the other parents unless he wanted it that way.

I just watched it, too. I think Joe wanted to be there for Lucy, yet also keep a very low profile, so that 's why he didn't have a spotlight on him or make any comments. And, I thought Lucy did very well this week too. To me, she has the best voice of the entire group. I agree with the judges-- she does need to sing a rock song next week!

I picture her as being a real rocker with the right song. Would you mind if I asked you some questions about this site? I'm new and I need some info.
    How do you get a picture under your name? Do you know if they are filming any of the concerts for a DVD, I would like to have one since I will probably new get to see the "guys" in person. Last of all if it has "picture removed or deleted" is there some way to go to another site and find that photo? Sorry to be a bother but you seem to know your way around here.

Boy do I need to proof read my message before I send it lol

LOL, AEF! You're funny! And honest!

I can help you regarding getting a picture under your name. We call it an "avatar". Go to your profile, and at the bottom of the screen, there is a section where you can upload an avatar of your choice, either from your computer's harddrive, or from Photobucket, or wherever you keep your pictures. The need to be a certain size before you can use them - it will tell you in your profile how big they are allowed to be.

One more thing: you are not a bother! It is only a pleasure to assist new members of The Border! I know you were asking DF, but she will tell you the same!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

What Mrs F said was absolutely true, AEF. No one is a bother here--everyone is welcome--and feel free to ask us anything!
    I am SO glad Mrs F answered your avatar question, however, because as anyone on the board will tell you, my experience with uploading pictures and the like is very limited!

As for your other question: I don't know if they are filming any of their concerts for a new DVD or not, but they certainly should! Do you have HFO and Farewell 1?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dang, I missed Lucy and Joe!

I kept going back and forth between ER and RTC and finally forgot about Lucy performing. Evidently she did it at the very end by which time I had gone to bed!

Btw, welcome to The Border AEF! Glad to have ya!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten