Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFan
    Is it possible for those outside the States to vote?
    Hey jf - good to hear from you, and love your new AV. As some wise guy once said "How you doin'?

I'm just guessing, but you probably can't vote outside of the states.

And just a reminder everyone - the next show airs tonight at 10:00 p.m. EST (I think).
    Thanks, that's what I thought, a pity.

I've not been around because I've been so gutted about not being able to see the Eagles whilst they were in London that it's been difficult for me to enjoy talking about them. I realise that is silly. I'm trying to 'get over it.'

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've not been around because I've been so gutted about not being able to see the Eagles whilst they were in London that it's been difficult for me to enjoy talking about them. I realise that is silly. I'm trying to 'get over it.'
    Oh man, JF - I'm so sorry for you that you didn't get to go to a show. It's not silly at all that you are bombed - I know most all of us would feel exactly the same way. Hopefully, you'll get another chance in the future.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm sorry, too, JF! I know how it is. I wanted to see Bon Jovi this week, too, but it just didn't work out.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Awww, JF - I can just imagine how awful you are feeling! I'm so sorry that you didn't get to see one of the boys' shows while they were in London. Perhaps they will schedule another date that will be convenient for you - I really hope so for your sake.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

No! Its not silly Joefan! I understand how gutted you have been. I felt the same every other night that the boys played after I got home. The only way I managed to survive was to immerse myself in Eagles and Glenn music and more! I've worn my Eagles T-shirt and sweatshirt everyday bar 2 (when I had to work) since I came home, washing them at night and having them ready for the next day!! (I'm sad!)
    Hopefully they will schedule some more dates this side of the pond soon! We are all hoping for an Irish (preferably Dublin) date. Would you come over here? If not hopefully the UK again. Hope you'll make it this time!

We are all 'Getting Over it' as best we can. Heres a big
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

They have an interesting short bio of Lucy posted on the Rock the Cradle site:
    -------------------------------------------

Lucy Walsh grew up in the shadow of her famous father, Joe Walsh, guitarist for the legendary rock band the Eagles.

When she was five, Lucy started playing the piano by ear. She grew up as a pre-professional ballerina and was always immersed in the performing arts. By the time she was 18, she knew she wanted to take her love of music to the next level.

Lucy Walsh moved to Hollywood and concentrated on networking with other young musicians and artists. She became good friends with Ashlee Simpson, who asked Lucy to tour with her in 2004. After playing keys and singing backup on Ashlee's international Autobiography tour, Lucy decided it was time to focus on her own music and began writing songs. She started studying with a private teacher for voice, classical piano and theory.

Having grown up on the road with the Eagles, Lucy naturally has an ear for rich harmonies and deep lyrics. She brings those sounds and emotions to every one of her songs. In fact, she has written or co-written more than 80 songs, some of which will appear on her 2008 debut album.

---------------------------

There is also a daily blog where this was posted:

Today the remaining Rock the Cradle cast members are meeting with style Nazi, June Ambrose, to get some one-on-one advice on what to wear for this week’s performance. Whether they take that advice is another story. Below, Lucy goes over some choices… From my set insider: June was overheard calling Lucy a “fashion Diva bitch!”

Actually, I think that may be a complement!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ha! Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell, isn't it?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Interesting bio. I wonder if Lucy wrote it herself, or it was just the result of an interview done with her? The reason I say this is because Lucy didn't really "Grow up on the road with the Eagles." The Eagles only toured for two years during her youth, 1994-1996. When they started touring in 1994 she was 10, and I wonder if Joe would even take her with him - he wasn't married to her mother at the time, after all. Even if he did, I would hardly call that "growing up on the road."

On a cooler level - written or co-written almost 80 songs - WOW!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BTW, I'm watching VH1 and it's playing right now. I didn't realize they were broadcasting it on VH1 as well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the sympathy everyone, maybe they will come back again, I hope so.