Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I wonder if Lucy wrote it herself, or it was just the result of an interview done with her? The reason I say this is because Lucy didn't really "Grow up on the road with the Eagles." The Eagles only toured for two years during her youth, 1994-1996. When they started touring in 1994 she was 10, and I wonder if Joe would even take her with him - he wasn't married to her mother at the time, after all. Even if he did, I would hardly call that "growing up on the road."
    It was probably written by a PR rep for the show.

Just watched tonight's show. They were finally allowed to sing a song of their own choosing, and Lucy played piano and sang and did a very good job.
    I think in the end, the contest may come down to Lucy and Crosby Loggins. Both have performed consistently well.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

YAY! Finally Lucy gets to show her real self. She did really well. If only she had been able to show that person all along. I think Crosby Loggins may have an edge because he has been able to show his real self more because he is somewhat similar to his Dad so the 'Parent Pick' themes have been an advantage for him compared to the others. I think Jesse Snider (who I have liked all along) faltered last night. The song didn't come across great and his outfit was just weird. I think you're right DF - it may well come down to Lucy and Crosby but Jesse is very popular with the fans so I wouldn't count him out.

There is no explaining what happened on Rock the Cradle tonight. Lucy was voted off, along with Lara Johnson. Lara has received low scores several times but Lucy has consistently been in the top, so this absolutely makes no sense. The biggest mystery of all is how Olivia's daughter Chloe could have possibly received more votes than Lucy--Chloe can't sing! I am completely mystified.

Joe made a second, longer appearance with Lucy earlier on the show, when she was preparing her first song, that was so sweet. He was very encouraging and supportive of her, and I am so thankful he came to be with her tonight, since I would never have believed that she wouldn't have made it to the final show.

I am VERY disappointed with this outcome. However, Lucy handled the send-off with grace and poise, thanking the judges and her fans and saying "You will see me in concert!" She can count me in on that.

BTW, here's a picture of Lucy & Joe together:
    http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2008/04...tting-intense/

Oh man. I was disgusted. I'm telling you, Chloe is being kept in the game by pity votes. I had a friend admit as much to me - she said she was voting for Chloe and that Lucy was her least favorite. I asked her why. Her explanation: "Chloe seems so scared and nervous and I feel bad for her because she seems really sweet" vs. "Lucy seems like a brat. I think she's stuck up." Not a thing said about talent. LAME.

The appearance of Joe in the episode was great, especially since it was obviously his last opportunity.

BOGUS!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Last night was my first time watching the show. I finally remembered it was on. Boy, I am glad I did. I really loved seeing Joe encouraging her and being there for Lucy. I had never heard her sing before and I was blown away. She did an amazing job on a very emotional song. I can't believe that she was voted off. I was not impressed with Chloe at all. What a bummer

Well, last night was my LAST time watching that show. I was watching to support Lucy, and now that she is gone, I don't give a rip who wins.

The writer's strike has really changed my TV watching habits. While my favorite shows like House, Gray's Anatomy, and Medium were gone (shows that actually engaged my brain) I started watching Rock the Cradle, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. I have never watched so much reality TV before, and it is really starting to get on my nerves.

I cannot believe Chloe is in the final and Lucy isn't???? What a shame. I wonder what song she was going to sing? I'm guessing Jesse is going to win the finale.

Oh, I see from the website she sang one. I didn't catch the whole show. She did great with the song.

I found a couple interviews that Lucy's done recently:

"Chips Off the Old Rock"

Audio Interview with Lucy and Jesse Blaze Snider

Sounds like Jesse and Lucy have gotten REALLY close. Hmmm......

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten