Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Lucy Walsh competes on MTV reality show Rock the Cradle

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Man - what a travesty that Chloe is in the final show and Lucy is not. Lucy is about a zillion times more talented than Chloe. That's what I hate about these kinds of shows - America does NOT always get it right. Here is the link to the segment in the show where Joe is with Lucy. If you haven't watched it, give it a look - it is very touching.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1586179&vid=230209

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ah, so sweet!

I wanted to add that the song Lucy sang, Evanescence's "My Immortal," is one of my favorite songs. However, it is extremely difficult to do live. Watch the original artist struggle to do it live:

Evanescence does "My Immortal" on David Letterman

Lucy did a terrific job on a very challenging song.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That was so sweet. I only caught the last part of the show and missed that. Really sweet.

As for Jesse and Lucy - yep, I really can see those two together.

Lucy was on again tonight to congratulate the winner...

!!!!!!!!! SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROSBY LOGGINS!

I'm glad he won. He was more talented than Jesse, IMO (sorry Lucy). If it couldn't be Lucy, I wanted it to be Crosby.

Have to say I was surprised Crosby Loggins won. I wonder if Lucy's shout out to her fans to vote for Jesse (last week) may have actually hurt him I'm sure she did it spontaneously but it didn't come over very well IMHO. I notice they called her on it and she didn't have a very good answer. Still I'm pleased for Crosby. Now let's see if we hear a lot more from him or he fades away.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Of course, I was disappointed that Lucy didn't win. I honestly think she was the best all-around talent on the show. She has all the ingredients that a rock star should have, IMO - she has a great voice, stage presence, charisma, fashion sense, and attitude. She has the ability to sing and do justice to many different types of music.

I thought Crosby Loggins and Jesse Blaze Snider were both very good, but not as multi-dimensional as Lucy. Crosby has a great voice, but I think he lacks stage presence. He still need to come out of his shell, IMHO. Jesse is a great entertainer, and has a great voice, but again, only seems to be suited to pure rock'n'roll.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer

I thought Crosby Loggins and Jesse Blaze Snider were both very good, but not as multi-dimensional as Lucy. Crosby has a great voice, but I think he lacks stage presence. He still need to come out of his shell, IMHO. Jesse is a great entertainer, and has a great voice, but again, only seems to be suited to pure rock'n'roll.
    I agree.

The thing about Jesse is there are tons of hot guys out there who can do backflips and holler rock'n'roll. If he wants to make it, he has to dig a little deeper than that.

And Crosby, like Lucy, actually writes his own music. The last song he performed was an original composition.

One negative thing, though - I thought the chording of Crosby's chorus was VERY similar to The Calling's "Wherever You May Go." Maybe Crosby is taking after his father in that way too - Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" has a chorus with chording almost identical to "Funk 49"! Hmm, maybe Kenny should be glad Joe only came to tapings once, lol.

Out on the Border

I stopped watching this show in the middle. It was a great idea, but I thought it could have been better than it was. I honestly thought Jesse was going to win, so I am surprised Crosby won, although I do think his a cutie. I am even more surprised that Chole lasted so long. I like unique singers, but I didn't think she was very good at all.

I didn't watch it at all, my MTV doesn't put it on their shows..why not..I don't know..
    I'm so happy that there's somebody who came with the Internet! I checked it out there and at Lucy's MySpace..so sad she didn't go to the final
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..