Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville, VA 5-21-08

R.I.P.

Default Charlottesville, VA 5-21-08

I wanted to post a few quick thoughts on the Charlottesville show, first, I tried but could not find Dreamer and Molly, sorry guys ! The show was spectacular, far better than F1. The new material has given the live show a boost of energy and enthusiasm. Joe did some great guitar work on LROOE and Somebody, which should be a single, IMO. The only voice that sounded slightly off was TBS and by just a little bit. Weeds live was as great as could be. Steuart got a big ovation during band intro's from the Virginia crowd. Also, I noticed outside the arena near the equipment truck were 4 huge RV's, presumably one for each band member, a far cry from the camper things shown on the HFO video. By far the best Eagles gig I have ever seen.
    should I stay or go, or should I do some blow.

I am so glad that you had a great time Zermie! Hearing the songs live does add something extra special. Thanks for the report

That sounds very exciting, Zermie! Thanks for those thoughts. I can't wait to hear more!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Looks like you had a wonderful time Zermie, even if you didn't manage to meet up with Dreamer or Molly. I too am looking forward to your review.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for the short review, Zermie. I am with you--the new songs ARE a great addition to the Eagles' live show.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the thoughts, Zermie! Sounds like it was great!

Haven't heard from Molly and dreamer. Hmmmmmm. You don't suppose they have gotten themselves into some kind of trouble?!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Thanks for the thoughts, Zermie! Sounds like it was great!

Haven't heard from Molly and dreamer. Hmmmmmm. You don't suppose they have gotten themselves into some kind of trouble?!

It will probably take them awhile to return to earth, I think.
    Chris

Stuck on the Border

Hi everyone, just got back from the airport an hour ago. I'm dead tired, but I'll give it a shot posting some thoughts. Dreamer was the one jotting down some notes, so she'll have the details.

First off... WOO HOO!!!! Finally, I have a show under my belt and it was certainly well worth the wait! It certainly was the fastest 3 plus hours of my life.

We were seated 4th row off center between Timmy and Glenn. The seats themselves were very good -unfortunately, we had an incredibly massive man and his equally tall wife sit right in front of dreamer and I. My view of Glenn was somewhat obstructed, but I did my best standing on my tippy toes (my calves are reminding me of that today). I guess my whole feeling about the ILAA experience is pretty much "been there done that". Our "swag" was a "leather" bound LROOE journal. I guess we're supposed to journal our thoughts about the show?? I think mine will be going to work with me so when I daydream during a long boring meeting I have something to focus on.

We had an adorable little girl right in front of me (probably around 4 years old) and she knew the lyrics to pretty much every song. By the end of the night she had received waves and faces from both Timmy and Glenn and a pick from Tim. I tried to tell her she should blow them some kisses, but she was too shy for that.

Waiting in the Weeds and No More Walks in the Woods are magnificant live! Actually, I thought all of the new songs were fantastic live.

They lost their suit jackets a little after the "seated" portion of the second half. Much to Karen Z's delight -Timmy left his shirt tucked in for a few songs so she could check out the tailoring on his pants.

Glenn did band introductions including everyone again. He introduced Joe as the "former governor of New Jersey". Don was the "Pride of Linden, TX". He did his high pitched voice, covering his mouth as though someone else was saying it and introduced himself as "a really cool guy from Detroit". During the intros, Timmy stood in the background near the drum kit and did a little dance and hand gesture thing pointing at each person being introduced.

During the "seated portion", Glenn asked if anyone had the new CD. (Huge long ovation). He smiled and sighed and said, "Ahhh, I love that story!" ( Smiles between Don and Glenn.)

We only got one encore. The skipped doing Rocky Mountain Way and All She Wants to do is Dance.

As they were walking off waving to the crowd, they came to our side of the stage. As Glenn waved and took some steps backwards, he turned to walk offstage and came very close to totally falling over an amplifier. (GASP!!! )
    He regained his balance with some assistance from Timothy, but it was close.

As I said, dreamer was the note taker, so she'll have the song by song details.

After I get some more labrador lovin' from my two girls, I'm heading off to bed early for some sweet dreams!

And yes, PLS and MF, I am no longer an Eagle-virgin. So, that pretty much puts an end to any kind of innocence and virtue I may have had left!

Stuck on the Border

Yay, Molly! Great review! And you too Zermie!

I guess the 'falling over' the amplifier moment will stay with you, huh?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hi everyone - Just wanted to check in here to say that last night's show was AWESOME!

Unfortunately, I'm way too tired to write up much tonight. I'll try to gather my thoughts and write up something tomorrow.

Molly, Karen Z, and I had a wonderful time as we always do when we are together. This was the first ILAA experience for all of us, and I'm still trying to decide what I really thought of it. Zermie, sorry we missed you. I looked around to try to find you, but to no avail. My cell phone would totally not work inside the arena.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016