Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deacon's departure

Default Re: Deacon's departure

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Yes. I don't understand why in this era of political correctness, me-too, and anti-bullying that rap is still popular. You hear ugly talk about various racial groups, glorification of crime + gang behavior, and especially callous victimization of women. The anger and foul language feel like an assault to the ears. It's not edgy, cool, and real. IMO, it's hateful, degrading and hurtful for the most part. I'm amazed at award shows to see women cheering women presenting themselves as objects, and men calling them "HOs".
    Rock or Country-rock, Deacon. Please.
    I agree. And make no mistake, I'm for me-too and anti-bullying and some degree of political correctness if we are equating PC with not being able to spew vitriol at minority groups or be bigoted. And I think no one should be using the N word. And I can kind of understand the African-American community wanting to reclaim that word as a sign of strength and not letting it bother them anymore, but it makes it hard then to tell other people of any other race you can't use it. It shouldn't be that way but it is. So the way to get them to stop saying it or be able to go after them if they do without hypocrisy, is if everyone stops saying it. And that applies for any racial or homophobic slur. No one of any identity or race should be talking that way anymore. But it has to apply across the border (no pun intended!). You just can't have a peeing section in a public pool, LOL!

I love RnB music. Motown, Stax, Muscle Shoals. I love Blues music. It's not a race thing with me. I just don't like rap music or the crowd. And some forget there are rappers of all races. And there are LBGT rappers too. And female rappers, etc. I don't hate the player, I hate the game. I just don't like the genre or the behavior of most that fall into that genre. It seems like being toxic and making vile "music" is a prerequisite for that genre. And I just don't care for it. I also don't care for spoken-word music. I like singing and some melody.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I love RnB music. Motown, Stax, Muscle Shoals. I love Blues music. It's not a race thing with me. I just don't like rap music or the crowd. And some forget there are rappers of all races. And there are LBGT rappers too. And female rappers, etc. I don't hate the player, I hate the game. I just don't like the genre or the behavior of most that fall into that genre. It seems like being toxic and making vile "music" is a prerequisite for that genre. And I just don't care for it. I also don't care for spoken-word music. I like singing and some melody.

I'm with you on that one! I know I'm old(er) but what I like are singer songwriters and bands & singers using their own voice (NO AUTOTUNE!!!!) I'd rather see one person with their band. No pyrotechnics, no flash. Although I like the Jumbo-Tron for those of us that can only afford the cheap seats.

Wouldn't it be great if Deacon formed his own band and played REAL music?

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post

I'm with you on that one! I know I'm old(er) but what I like are singer songwriters and bands & singers using their own voice (NO AUTOTUNE!!!!) I'd rather see one person with their band. No pyrotechnics, no flash. Although I like the Jumbo-Tron for those of us that can only afford the cheap seats.

Wouldn't it be great if Deacon formed his own band and played REAL music?
    Yes. That would be what I would hope for. Not sure which path he will take, but that's what I'm hoping for!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

The band took some new photos.

Don and Tim look like good ol' country boys. Very HOTE era clothing. Joe looks like a typical rockstar with his faux leather jacket.

But Vince... Jesus, what a tired, out of place looking fellow. In that second photo he looks like a funeral director or a pastor. Drop the black suit, Vince. Wear the stuff Don and Tim are wearing. Wear a shirt and jeans. Something else for the love of god. You don't do rock, so maybe not go with Joe's leather jacket, but there is a reason the Eagles got rid of the funeral suits after LROOE. Granted I won't have to see this atrocity in person as I will never see this fraudulent quartet, but have some respect for those who do.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

I have to say that Don, Timothy and Joe have aged well. They look their age, but in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I have to say that Don, Timothy and Joe have aged well. They look their age, but in a good way.
    I would agree with that. And I think Glenn really looked quite young for his age before his passing.

Actually I'd argue Joe looks healthier/better *now* than he did in, say, the HFO period. Some of those early HFO shows he still looked pretty rough. Not 80s rough, but still rough. He looks healthier than he did back in the 90s that's for sure.

And I think Don looks far better clean shaven vs the Colonel Sanders look.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Austin thanks for posting the pictures. I saw them this morning and it broke my heart....... I do agree that Don, Joe and Tim have aged well and Don looks so much better without the beard. And, I agree that Joe looked rough in some of those HFO photos. He has looked great for the last 20-22 years. Vince looks his age ( I think he just turned 65). And, Austin, I agree that Glenn looked young for his age until around 2014 or 2015. You could tell then he looked tired and ill. Well, they have made it perfectly clear they are the "new" Eagles.

PS - I always hated the funeral suit look. I was so happy when they ditched them.

Stuck on the Border

Yep, I guess they are the Eagles now. I won't go into that, just wanted to mention their looks as individuals. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Austin thanks for posting the pictures. I saw them this morning and it broke my heart....... I do agree that Don, Joe and Tim have aged well and Don looks so much better without the beard. And, I agree that Joe looked rough in some of those HFO photos. He has looked great for the last 20-22 years. Vince looks his age ( I think he just turned 65). And, Austin, I agree that Glenn looked young for his age until around 2014 or 2015. You could tell then he looked tired and ill. Well, they have made it perfectly clear they are the "new" Eagles.

PS - I always hated the funeral suit look. I was so happy when they ditched them.
    Amen, NKIT.

I personally don't think he looked ill and tired until 2015. I saw him in 2014 on the HOTE tour and he looked very young and vibrant then. I think 2015 was a different story though. But almost until the end, he always looked great for his age. I think in 2015 he definitely had hit his limit with the RA and was taking so much medication to still tour.

The funeral suits are fine I guess for the right crowd, but the Eagles are a rock and roll band. I realize they aren't Motley Crue or Def Leppard, but they aren't the Oak Ridge Boys or Tony Bennett either. I think their country tinged moments are vastly overshadowed by the harder rocking efforts of the last two 70s albums. In other words, that isn't suit-and-tie music. That's either rockstar garb like Joe is wearing here, or maybe a button down shirt and jeans. There is something stuffy about the suits, but Don used a suit in his solo tours too. I think that's way more Don's than Glenn's thing if I had to wager a bet, that's the way I would have leaned had I had a chance to ask who's idea it was.

As far as the "new" Eagles - they will never be "the Eagles" as a band to me with this lineup with Vince. They weren't with Deacon + Vince, and Deacon leaving only Vince has only made it even less legitimate as if I thought that was even possible. Don, Joe, and Timothy are "Eagles" (individually) as they were in the band in the years with Glenn. And to be fair, so are Randy, Bernie, and even Felder, despite the firing. The Beatles were the Fab Four, this lineup to me shall be called the Faux Four. Sorry, just the way I see it. You do you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

I don't consider them the Eagles either, but I just wanted to keep my "aged well" comment separate from that. I deliberately said Don, Timothy and Joe have aged well; not "Eagles" or "they". People already know how I feel about the "band".