Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
Yes. I don't understand why in this era of political correctness, me-too, and anti-bullying that rap is still popular. You hear ugly talk about various racial groups, glorification of crime + gang behavior, and especially callous victimization of women. The anger and foul language feel like an assault to the ears. It's not edgy, cool, and real. IMO, it's hateful, degrading and hurtful for the most part. I'm amazed at award shows to see women cheering women presenting themselves as objects, and men calling them "HOs".
Rock or Country-rock, Deacon. Please.
I agree. And make no mistake, I'm for me-too and anti-bullying and some degree of political correctness if we are equating PC with not being able to spew vitriol at minority groups or be bigoted. And I think no one should be using the N word. And I can kind of understand the African-American community wanting to reclaim that word as a sign of strength and not letting it bother them anymore, but it makes it hard then to tell other people of any other race you can't use it. It shouldn't be that way but it is. So the way to get them to stop saying it or be able to go after them if they do without hypocrisy, is if everyone stops saying it. And that applies for any racial or homophobic slur. No one of any identity or race should be talking that way anymore. But it has to apply across the border (no pun intended!). You just can't have a peeing section in a public pool, LOL!

I love RnB music. Motown, Stax, Muscle Shoals. I love Blues music. It's not a race thing with me. I just don't like rap music or the crowd. And some forget there are rappers of all races. And there are LBGT rappers too. And female rappers, etc. I don't hate the player, I hate the game. I just don't like the genre or the behavior of most that fall into that genre. It seems like being toxic and making vile "music" is a prerequisite for that genre. And I just don't care for it. I also don't care for spoken-word music. I like singing and some melody.