Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deacon's departure

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Deacon's departure

I know this sounds a bit weird, but is it possible that Vince doesn't want to take over classic Eagles guitar parts out of respect? Eagles has had/has great guitarists and Vince is known as a great player too, so maybe he doesn't want it to look like he's trying to be an Eagles guitarist now as well as he's already an Eagles singer?

WalshFan88
    I've noticed for years that Joe is playing less and less of his solos, not only with the Eagles but with his own band. I've also noticed he's looking at the neck and where his fingers are more than usual. It seems when he plays all the time, he may be having problems but when he only plays once in a while like Vets Aid or with Ringo he's ok.
    His fingers are really twitching on both hands now. It used to be only his little finger now it's all of them. On his left hand you can see his thumb flip up when he's holding a chord and on his right hand I've noticed he's loosing his pick a lot more.
    He's had these for years, even before he got sober. He usually kept his hands in his pockets or behind him where they didn't show on camera when walking around. When he sits you can see him holding on hand in the other very tight. You can see the muscles in his arms twitching all the way to his shoulders sometimes when he is wearing a short sleeve shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I know this sounds a bit weird, but is it possible that Vince doesn't want to take over classic Eagles guitar parts out of respect? Eagles has had/has great guitarists and Vince is known as a great player too, so maybe he doesn't want it to look like he's trying to be an Eagles guitarist now as well as he's already an Eagles singer?
    I guess that could be.

It just is so weird to me though trying to have Steuart do everything...I'm not sure why Joe quit playing the AG intro but now Steuart plays the first half of Bernie's (then Joe's) intro and has to skip the 2nd half so he can come in with the Felder lick. It just seems so slapdash and unrehearsed. I hope they gave him a raise or something. My god!

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    WalshFan88
    I've noticed for years that Joe is playing less and less of his solos, not only with the Eagles but with his own band. I've also noticed he's looking at the neck and where his fingers are more than usual. It seems when he plays all the time, he may be having problems but when he only plays once in a while like Vets Aid or with Ringo he's ok.
    His fingers are really twitching on both hands now. It used to be only his little finger now it's all of them. On his left hand you can see his thumb flip up when he's holding a chord and on his right hand I've noticed he's loosing his pick a lot more.
    He's had these for years, even before he got sober. He usually kept his hands in his pockets or behind him where they didn't show on camera when walking around. When he sits you can see him holding on hand in the other very tight. You can see the muscles in his arms twitching all the way to his shoulders sometimes when he is wearing a short sleeve shirt.
    I've noticed that. I mean back in the day I know he temporarily gave up the LBG solo to Steuart so he could goof off with the helmet cam during the F1 tour. Then he kind of took it back after he quit doing the helmet cam and Steuart just played the higher register version like Felder did on the Eagles Live disc and then on the HFO tour. But as more and more of his parts are getting passed off it makes me wonder if something else is up and certainly I worry about some kind of damage from the alcoholism on his brain.

I hope he's not having some kind of Parkinson's or something like that. A real shame if so - love to hear him play.

Stuck on the Border

[QUOTE=Scamp;399704]WalshFan88
    He's had these for years, even before he got sober. He usually kept his hands in his pockets or behind him where they didn't show on camera when walking around. When he sits you can see him holding on hand in the other very tight. You can see the muscles in his arms twitching all the way to his shoulders sometimes when he is wearing a short sleeve shirt.[/QUO

Wow, that is certainly sad to hear. Maybe it is some kind of health issue and Joe is simply unable able to play those parts anymore. He is 73-74 and could have bad arthritis in his hands. Hope it is not something like Parkinson's. Vince is an excellent guitarist and should have no problem playing those parts. Seems like thy really miss Deacon for the important guitar parts played by Glenn.

I hope Joe is okay! Maybe it is arthritis...I'm sure that's common for guitarists.

That's so wrong that they only show Glenn's picture if Deacon is there. I believe Queen continues to show pictures and video of Freddie Mercury in their shows and he died in the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I hope Joe is okay! Maybe it is arthritis...I'm sure that's common for guitarists.

That's so wrong that they only show Glenn's picture if Deacon is there. I believe Queen continues to show pictures and video of Freddie Mercury in their shows and he died in the early 90s.
    The band "Alabama" does the same for co-founder Jeff Cook, and he hasn't passed---he just has been unable to play due to Parkinson's!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Deacon again appears at London show. I don't know why they don't just say he will be joining for the European tour. Crowd was encouraged to sing and clap along throughout show.(???) John McEnroe on guitar and Patty Smyth on tambourine & vocals as a surprise with Already Gone finale.

https://entertainment-focus.com/2022...FPWUk57wt2U9Y4

Stuck on the Border

If one or more of the guitarist has health issues, they could a) cancel the tour, b )bring in a session musician or c) have Deacon rejoin for a while. Perhaps he's just being a responsible adult helping out the old folks because he cares for them.

Anyway, they seem to have received really good reviews for the UK dates. It also seems like Deacon only joins them for a few songs.

I'm not complaining. I just think they should let ticket buyers know, as many have expressed that they were interested only if he were there. Maybe he wanted to experience touring in Europe, and enjoys the freedom of coming and going at will. But I certainly agree he would help out if they needed him. He was raised right!