Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Ticketmaster News

This ticket credit of $1.50 is a JOKE. Only Irving Azoff could think of a way to MAKE MONEY by giving you back the cash he owes you. There is NO WAY I'm going to buy any extra tickets, just to get back that crappy little credit, & that's exactly what Irv A is counting on........so you won't be getting back your refund......You have to admit, that this guy is a freekin' genius... no wonder he & the Eagles are so rich!!!!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

From what I experienced, I really don't think there's a "bad" seat in the house in that the entire arena was up and dancing. Soda had luck with the waiting game for the 11/19 Vegas Eagles show and lucked out at the last minute, but I'm sure she was checking it hourly and I don't know if you have the time or patience to deal with that. Did you check: StubHub, E-bay or any of the online brokers? I've dealt with a reputable one. Send me a pm if you want the name.

I just checked ticketmaster & they were offering section 126 which is kinda next to/behind stage right. Not so hot.

I've had luck going to the box office the day of, but I don't know how far you'd have to travel to do that or if it'd be worth the trip if you couldn't get the seats you wanted.

All I can tell you is even crappy seats would be worth the price of admission. It was that good a show. I promise.

Let us know how you make out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    This ticket credit of $2.50 is a JOKE. Only Irving Azoff could think of a way to MAKE MONEY by giving you back the cash he owes you. There is NO WAY I'm going to buy any extra tickets, just to get back that crappy little credit, & that's exactly what Irv A is counting on........so you won't be getting back your refund......You have to admit, that this guy is a freekin' genius... no wonder he & the Eagles are so rich!!!!

If I read the legal mumbo-jumbo correctly -- and I think I did -- whatever amounts due as "credits" that are not applied to the purchase of new tickets will be donated to charity. So yes -- TM will make out in that they will get a tax write off for the donation, but it's better than the money going into the collective "coffers" of Ticketmaster. What I'd like for Mr. Azoff to do is to "spread the wealth" and give to the Lupus Foundation, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and/or Walden Woods & Caddo Lake. It looks as if the numbers will be substantial and I'm sure the aforementioned organizations can use the cash. What'd ya say, Irving??? You in??
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 12-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks HH.

Yes, today I've been online all day and checked hourly. Same seats you mentioned. I checked StubHub, too. There are a couple there I might consider.

I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and then decide. I'm about 2 1/2 hours away. I kind of hate to wait till I get there. Although I did that a few years ago for a John Fogerty concert and got front row center a few hours before the show! That was awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Fingers Crossed for you!!! 2 1/2 hours is quite a haul to chance being boxed out. I'd consider having a back-up plan in place to avoid the let down if the Seger show tix fall through. Anything else going on in town that night? Another show in a smaller venue? Hockey, basketball or theater? Puppet show? Something?

I'm sending all my positive energy your way!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    From what I experienced, I really don't think there's a "bad" seat in the house in that the entire arena was up and dancing. Soda had luck with the waiting game for the 11/19 Vegas Eagles show and lucked out at the last minute, but I'm sure she was checking it hourly and I don't know if you have the time or patience to deal with that. Did you check: StubHub, E-bay or any of the online brokers? I've dealt with a reputable one. Send me a pm if you want the name.

I just checked ticketmaster & they were offering section 126 which is kinda next to/behind stage right. Not so hot.

I've had luck going to the box office the day of, but I don't know how far you'd have to travel to do that or if it'd be worth the trip if you couldn't get the seats you wanted.

All I can tell you is even crappy seats would be worth the price of admission. It was that good a show. I promise.

Let us know how you make out!!!
    I had crappy seats in Pittsburgh and it was still easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Fingers Crossed for you!!! 2 1/2 hours is quite a haul to chance being boxed out. I'd consider having a back-up plan in place to avoid the let down if the Seger show tix fall through. Anything else going on in town that night? Another show in a smaller venue? Hockey, basketball or theater? Puppet show? Something?

Me too! It's worth it, and I agree about a back-up plan. A Christmas play or even Christmas shopping. You know Murphy's Law, if you have a back-up plan you won't need it...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

If I read the legal mumbo-jumbo correctly -- and I think I did -- whatever amounts due as "credits" that are not applied to the purchase of new tickets will be donated to charity. So yes -- TM will make out in that they will get a tax write off for the donation, but it's better than the money going into the collective "coffers" of Ticketmaster. What I'd like for Mr. Azoff to do is to "spread the wealth" and give to the Lupus Foundation, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and/or Walden Woods & Caddo Lake. It looks as if the numbers will be substantial and I'm sure the aforementioned organizations can use the cash. What'd ya say, Irving??? You in??
    Absolutely great idea HH.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks!

Still nothing good from Tm. I've checked several broker sites and they have some I'm considering but just got scared when i saw the extra fees they charge. $30 per ticket plus a $7.50 "handling fee" for electronic tickets! So a total of $389 for two tickets. I don't know. Maybe I should just take a chance on buying from a scalper on site? What do you all think?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

On-site scalping can be good and bad. The good news is that they will probably charge a bit less than online scalpers, and if you're willing to wait until the show starts, you can get tickets for less than face often. The bad news is that the scalpers might not have what you want and haggling can get tense and stressful.

Personally, I only do on-site scalpers as a last resort.

How badly do you want good seats? If you want them really badly, then use the online scalpers. Otherwise, I'd wait it out; keep checking TM and if nothing pops up, do the box-office day of.

HH- I interpreted that the same way. They will be paying out money regardless. They're just hoping that this "voucher" approach will encourage people to buy more tickets in order to lessen the loss on that side; as you said, the tax deduction will lessen the loss on the other side.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten