My wife and I started travelling full time in our van the first of this month. (sugaryvanlife on Instagram and Facebook if youÂ’re interested in that sort of thing).

One of our first stops was Linden, TX.

It was as you might expect. Small town with a couple of shops and restaurants on the town square. We visited a small antique shop across from the courthouse. Among the items were various photographs and concert posters of Don and the Eagles. We chatted with the very friendly woman who owned the shop and she shared some Don stories and we talked about the various concerts we had all attended over the years. She also pointed out some of the buildings that Don owned. When she found out we were travelling in our van, she told us she had an apartment above her shop that she used to rent as a B&B and invited us to stay for the night if we wanted a bit of a break from the road.

We took her up on her offer and we had a great view of the courthouse and the water tower. We are at the pizza place next door and the County Seat Country Cooking Cafe. I spoke with one of the locals and he told me his wife went to school with Don. Of course while we were driving around we were listening to Cass County.

A fun spot for Don fans. Next stop is spending a few days at Caddo Lake.