Thread: Visiting Linden, TX

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Default Visiting Linden, TX

My wife and I started travelling full time in our van the first of this month. (sugaryvanlife on Instagram and Facebook if youÂ’re interested in that sort of thing).

One of our first stops was Linden, TX.

It was as you might expect. Small town with a couple of shops and restaurants on the town square. We visited a small antique shop across from the courthouse. Among the items were various photographs and concert posters of Don and the Eagles. We chatted with the very friendly woman who owned the shop and she shared some Don stories and we talked about the various concerts we had all attended over the years. She also pointed out some of the buildings that Don owned. When she found out we were travelling in our van, she told us she had an apartment above her shop that she used to rent as a B&B and invited us to stay for the night if we wanted a bit of a break from the road.

We took her up on her offer and we had a great view of the courthouse and the water tower. We are at the pizza place next door and the County Seat Country Cooking Cafe. I spoke with one of the locals and he told me his wife went to school with Don. Of course while we were driving around we were listening to Cass County.

A fun spot for Don fans. Next stop is spending a few days at Caddo Lake.

Default Re: Visiting Linden, TX

A few pics from our visit.

How cool. I haven't been to Linden since 2020 when I was on vacation even though I bypass my state since I was coming from Atlanta. Haha I always tell everybody who goes to Linden to also check out restaurant in the Linden Fuel Center. Their burgers are the bomb. They also have a small display of Don's stuff.

I think I know who you are talking about that you met. I always visit her when I come to Linden.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Our visit to Caddo Lake was amazing. We hired a local for a sunrise and sunset tour of the lake for our photo shoot. Interestingly, his boat dock was next to Don’s place on the lake. After the tour I went fly fishing from his boat launch. Now I can say the first bass I ever caught in Texas was in the water in front of Henley’s property in Uncertain! 😀

Our guide was coming from another spot on the lake and he had his radio playing as he was pulling in to pick us up, and right at that moment, ICTYW came on. When I picked up our van in Florida, as they were pulling up our van from another lot and I saw it for the first time, Desperado began to play over the dealership’s music system!

A few more pics from Caddo Lake.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing your trips with us, ltef ... sounds like it was a lot fun.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016