Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Here's a video of Don performing Van Morrison’s “Gloria” with Huey Lewis, Bon Jovi’s Tico Torres, and actors Bill Murray and Damian Lewis at the Alfred Dunhill Gala Dinner in Scotland on October 4. Don does a solo from 1:30 to 2:10. Bill Murray sings lead on the song. He's so funny, especially when he “dances” during Don's guitar solo!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtldTZMjC0[/ame]
    Last edited by SilverMoon; 01-26-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Stuck on the Border

This is a good, new interview with Don Felder and worth watching even if you're not a big fan of his. The questions are good and even when they get to the book (about 20 minutes in), there's no trashing. He's asked about changes in key on choruses, how the vocal harmonies are stacked and lots on guitars and other equipment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtyIQGeye8

Out on the Border

Thanks for sharing, very interesting indeed. I was surprised when the interviewer mentioned that Gibson sponsored them to invite Felder over. Makes sense though and he did give them a great interview and certainly great workshops and show

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks, UTW, I'm looking forward to watching it. I have to wait for these people in my house to go to bed so I can relax!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    even when they get to the book (about 20 minutes in), there's no trashing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtyIQGeye8
    Thanks for posting the link UndertheWire.

It looks like Don told the interviewer (Mitch Gallagher) that he's not going to talk about the bad stuff. I think the only Eagle he mentioned by name was Bernie.

I hope this signals the end to hostilities on Felder's part. Didn't Henley say in the History Of The Eagles documentary that Mr. Felder continues to be a source of problems for the Eagles, over a decade after they got rid of him?

This could be the first step to Hell Freezing Over for a second time and a future reconciliation.

Maybe the band reaching out to Bernie and Randy has had an effect or maybe just the passing of time has brought some clarity but even if the reconciliation is just a private affair, I'm very pleased.

I'm pleased even if there is no reconciliation. Thanks Don Felder!

Out on the Border

He was indeed pretty mellow and had nothing bad to say about anyone... he did poke fun at Frey's stinginess perhaps when he told him how much he'd paid the Les Paul

Stuck on the Border

A lot of credit goes to the interviewer who was more interesting in asking about how things were done rather than personalities.

I would be delighted if this signaled a new era of positivity!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

It's a cynical thought but with Don being so dependent on Hotel California to provide his worth and identity within the media, he'll be hoping, the upcoming 40th Anniversary of the album will provide a fruitful harvest for him in 2016.

So there is a logical reason why Don would consciously decide that from now on he'll publicly only say positive things about those wonderful chums he used to have, Irving, Don H and Glenn.

He wouldn't want to inadvertently scupper any plans the Eagles may have to celebrate 40 years since the release of Hotel California.

[quote=Funk 50;292075]It's a cynical thought but with Don being so dependent on Hotel California to provide his worth and identity within the media, he'll be hoping, the upcoming 40th Anniversary of the album will provide a fruitful harvest for him in 2016.

So there is a logical reason why Don would consciously decide that from now on he'll publicly only say positive things about those wonderful chums he used to have, Irving, Don H and Glenn.

He wouldn't want to inadvertently scupper any plans the Eagles may have to celebrate 40 years since the release of Hotel California

Very Good Point Funk 50!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............