Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by lovemusic View Post
    I wish we would see a pic of Randy out and about anywhere, Delilah. As far as I know the last pic of him was at Jimmy Messina's show in March of 2018.
    I agree lovemusic, recent pics of Randy in general would be great! BTW, there are some links to pics of him at the Troubadour in November 2018 posted on his sub-forum. This was when Richie Furay was celebrating Poco’s 50th anniversary. You should check it out. There’s also a video promo for Richie’s documentary with Randy in it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It looks like Don goes every year. I still can't believe he and Joe didn't bump into each other in 2016. That picture would had been over the whole internet.

I wonder where everybody is at or how big it is. Jay Osmond of the Osmonds is also there and I'm surprised he didn't bumped into Don.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    It looks like Don goes every year. I still can't believe he and Joe didn't bump into each other in 2016. That picture would had been over the whole internet.

I wonder where everybody is at or how big it is. Jay Osmond of the Osmonds is also there and I'm surprised he didn't bumped into Don.
    I think Joe probably went out of his way to avoid him at the time. I can't remember when the NAMM show dates were that year vs the time when Glenn had died. But I certainly wouldn't want anything to do with him at the time. If not out of respect for Glenn while he was alive, or the fact he didn't want to be bothered because he was grieving Glenn. I think the fact they didn't bump into each other was intentional, TBH.

I think it was said here recently that they talked briefly last year, which is fine. But I don't see them doing anything together at this point in terms of playing together. I could be wrong, but I don't envision it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree lovemusic, recent pics of Randy in general would be great! BTW, there are some links to pics of him at the Troubadour in November 2018 posted on his sub-forum. This was when Richie Furay was celebrating Poco’s 50th anniversary. You should check it out. There’s also a video promo for Richie’s documentary with Randy in it.
    Thanks, Delilah. I'll check that out. Have a good evening!
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

That video with Slash was fantastic. Thank god Slash played the original solo (even if he did have a looser interpretation). It always bothered me when Tommy Shaw tried to do his own thing for the second half.

But lets clear something up:

Who in blue blazes is playing the polka style rhythm behind Don and Slash?!

It drives me batty. Turn down your rhythm guitar, for one. And polka boom-tick type rhythm just sounds so out of place. It has it's place, but it ain't on Hotel California! I mean thats the kind of guitar rhythm I play live when I play with a certain group of guys when we do the song "Iko Iko", lol. Despite being billed as a Mexican Reggae, that kind of Bob Marley meets polka rhythm isn't appropriate for HC, IMO. It's just gross. And it wasn't played consistently throughout, it was like the rhythm guy was just playing the chords and saying "screw it, I'll just goof off". At times it was Bob Marley and at times you cant even hear him.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That video with Slash was fantastic. Thank god Slash played the original solo (even if he did have a looser interpretation). It always bothered me when Tommy Shaw tried to do his own thing for the second half.

But lets clear something up:

Who in blue blazes is playing the polka style rhythm behind Don and Slash?!

It drives me batty. Turn down your rhythm guitar, for one. And polka boom-tick type rhythm just sounds so out of place. It has it's place, but it ain't on Hotel California! I mean thats the kind of guitar rhythm I play live when I play with a certain group of guys when we do the song "Iko Iko", lol. Despite being billed as a Mexican Reggae, that kind of Bob Marley meets polka rhythm isn't appropriate for HC, IMO. It's just gross. And it wasn't played consistently throughout, it was like the rhythm guy was just playing the chords and saying "screw it, I'll just goof off". At times it was Bob Marley and at times you cant even hear him.

LMAO walshfan88! I agree so much! The Tommy Shaw solo I saw on YouTube BIG thumbs down.
    And the rhythm in this vid....wth?!? 😂 it had me scratching my head. With that said glad to see Don havin fun with his buddy Slash. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    LMAO walshfan88! I agree so much! The Tommy Shaw solo I saw on YouTube BIG thumbs down.
    And the rhythm in this vid....wth?!? 😂 it had me scratching my head. With that said glad to see Don havin fun with his buddy Slash. 👍🏻
    Yeah I was quite happy to see that too. Guns N' Roses is one of my favorite bands and Slash is one of my favorite guitarists. I just had to mute out the Bob Marley chicka chicka rhythm out of my mind, lol.

I divide the best concerts I've seen into two categories. Great performances, and the most fun. The first category goes to the Eagles on the HOTE tour. The second easily goes to GNR.

I saw GNR in St Louis in 2017 on the reunion tour with Slash and Duff and it was the most fun I've ever had at a concert. It was Eagles-long, like 3 and a half hours of nothing but AFD and UYI songs, with a couple from the Chinese Democracy album. Getting to hear Estranged and Coma was amazing, and of course all of the hits I love like Rocket Queen, Paradise City, etc. It was a good performance, but it was sheer fun. I love classic rock and hard rock music that still has the "rock n' roll" heartbeat and groove and getting to hear Slash tear it up all night was an experience I'll never forget. It was also in an indoor stadium. That was my first time in a stadium. I can't do the outdoor ones due to my heat intolerance. It was also their first show back in the Lou with the original members since the Riverport riot. I was nervous, but it was fine.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Not meaning to turn this into a G'n'R topic, but I must say that I didn'tgo see them when they were in Finland, but I definitely would have if Izzy had been there.

Having said that, I gotta say that I slightly envy you, Austin, for getting to hear Estranged and Coma. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Not meaning to turn this into a G'n'R topic, but I must say that I didn'tgo see them when they were in Finland, but I definitely would have if Izzy had been there.

Having said that, I gotta say that I slightly envy you, Austin, for getting to hear Estranged and Coma. 😁
    It was flat out awesome!

Izzy was asked and just didn't have any interest. Same with Matt Sorum, who was asked. Steven Adler was asked and wanted to, but IIRC didn't cut the mustard and wasn't fit enough to tour with them.

I do love Izzy and would have preferred to see him but Richard Fortus is fantastic. Look him up sometime on YouTube. Even outside of Guns, his playing is awesome and very much in the vain of Izzy, Malcolm, etc. Fantastic rhythm guitarist. I never liked DJ Ashba or Buckethead personally, but they did right by getting Fortus. And he was the only Chinese-era Guns guitarist to be asked to join up with Slash after Izzy said no. He's played with Dead Daises, Thin Lizzy, etc in recent times.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Ya add GNR to the lengthy list of bands I have yet to see. When they broke the scene, I was so into them. Ha ha. When MTV actually was a music station, they would play Live at the Ritz. I recorded it on VHS I played that to death, don’t know what happened to that....I consider that my live GNR experience. Lucky you!