Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
There's a clip on YouTube where the vocal "tape" is out of sync with the band when the last verse of TIE starts. Felder reacts immediately and sings the rest of the song live. A note or two is slightly out of tune (so what?), but he sings just fine. Perhaps he doesn't have enough confidence to sing live these days, or he can't sing a full show. But I'd rather hear a raw, occasionally out of tune performance than an obviously autotuned tape that is exactly the same every time. He doesn't have to pretend to be a perfect vocalist (like he really could hit those high notes perfectly every time in WW - although he gets praise for it), he's a GUITARIST.

EDIT:

As for Don playing Eagles songs he didn't record, I guess it's more ok than Ray Wilson performing old Genesis songs he didn't even perform live with the band!
I don't actually know which particular Genesis songs Ray played live with them. What's strange is that he also does Gabriel, Collins & Rutherford songs.

Actually this is pretty good. I would love to hear him do Wish You Were Here & Heroes.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ray-w...-4beddf0a.html