Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Out on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    When was this?
    2017, apparently. Honestly, that clip didn't necessarily make me feel like Don was an inferior singer. It just impressed upon me as to how good of a guitar player he is even when he's playing with a pickup band of musicians he's likely not played with much or at all.

I’m not sure if this was posted already, I tried to search it, but didn’t have any luck. Apologize if it has. Don Felder, John Stamos and Mike Love (tambourine only) performing “Pride and Joy”. The mix is off in my opinion, bass too loud and his guitar sounds like it’s in a tin can. Unfortunate because he was playing some great stuff. His voice sounded good! I think it’s from 2013 but unsure. Enjoy.

Out on the Border

Don singing “Take it Easy” in 2014. Despite the pickup band and nearly inaudible first verse, his vocal actually sounds really good compared to his usual singing.

https://youtu.be/o1FPh6jgd2Q

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thebagels View Post
    Don singing “Take it Easy” in 2014. Despite the pickup band and nearly inaudible first verse, his vocal actually sounds really good compared to his usual singing.

https://youtu.be/o1FPh6jgd2Q
    I didn't even hear autotune. That was a nice one.

Out on the Border

This one just made me laugh.

"1, 2, 3, up!"

"1, 2, 3, down!"

"And go up; oh, here we go!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc46UKsG0gI

Here's his life story in less than 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Rh8RkVXCk
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Here's his life story in less than 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Rh8RkVXCk
    That's basically his book with the dirt left out. (Sorry, couldn't resist! 😁 )

That's basically his book with the dirt left out. (Sorry, couldn't resist! 😁 )
    True!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I didn't listen to the whole thing. I assume it's the same story as always; like describing Tom Petty's hair and teeth and getting the "wow!"s and the "hahaha"s when he says his name. But I found the "we didn't have the internet, iPhones or iPads..." a bit weird. I wonder how many in his audience had those as a kid. 😂

I didn't listen to the whole thing. I assume it's the same story as always; like describing Tom Petty's hair and teeth and getting the "wow!"s and the "hahaha"s when he says his name. But I found the "we didn't have the internet, iPhones or iPads..." a bit weird. I wonder how many in his audience had those as a kid. 😂
    Hahaha, yeah probably not many! I mean I was born in 1988, and I didn't even want a cell phone until smartphones became a thing, and the first iPhone came out the year I graduated high school. So do the math. And I would be one of the youngest at a Felder show. I know I was when I saw him a few years back with Styx and REO Speedwagon.

I did have my own computer growing up in Junior High. I've always been an Apple geek and so I had one of those fruit colored egg shaped iMacs back in Junior High. And then I had different iterations of iMacs until I was done with school and decided I wasn't a desktop computer person anymore and switched to MacBook laptops. I did however have the first year iPad, which came out in 2010, so I had an iPad and Macs way before I ever got an iPhone because they weren't tied to a carrier and just ran off of the home WiFi.

I didn't get an iPhone until the iPhone 6 came out because we use a really small regional cell carrier called US Cellular as they are the only ones who work here at the house out in the boonies, and they didn't carry the iPhones until the iPhone 6 came out. Before that I had a BlackBerry and then Samsung Galaxy's. I hated the Galaxys and Android in general, but the BlackBerry being my first smartphone way back in 2008 made me think I was cooler than those of my age at the time. I think the iPhone 6 was in 2014. I got the BlackBerry after a trip to New York City on vacation with my folks, and seeing so many men in suits and ties walking around I said maybe I will get a cellphone after all! Of my age group of the people I knew I certainly was the last to get a cellphone. I never wanted the dang flip phones or any of that. I was uncool for that reason at the time.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger