Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It's funny that in this interview Felder doesn't get on my nerves, whereas the one where he's talking up his Hotel California corporate show, he just triggers all those "insincere" warning bells in my head, and I wish he would just stop talking!

I don't see any problem at all with the corporate show video. As far as what Glenn Frey would say about it, I couldn't care less. The man (DF) is as genuine as they come and is still in it for the love of music. I really don't understand the Felder bashing. I think Don's live shows are great and he is not as bad of a singer as people make him out to be, either.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 02-01-2014 at 12:19 AM.

I enjoyed the live Felder show I saw a few years ago. I wish he would do more closer to where I am in the South. I'd love to hear "Wash Away" live. At least we can watch live vids in this thread if there aren't any shows nearby.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5u0wwndz8[/ame]

Webvan, what interview is the source of that "quote"? I'm not familiar with it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    It's funny that in this interview Felder doesn't get on my nerves, whereas the one where he's talking up his Hotel California corporate show, he just triggers all those "insincere" warning bells in my head, and I wish he would just stop talking!
    Yes, a very good listen, he's a natural talker and obviously less stressed out than in HOTE...

By "artistic" I was referring to the concept of playing/organizing corporate events, but at the end of the day a show is a show and he does seem to enjoy doing them so more power to him. Frey/Henley certainly didn't put music/art first with the 1994 business setup...

Stuck on the Border

That's a pretty slick commercial for his corporate show. It looks much bigger and sounds a lot better than the amateur video clips that show up on youtube (the amateur clips of the Eagles tour doesn't do them justice, either).

I don't see why Glenn Frey would be sniffy about anyone doing corporate gigs as he's been doing them himself for a long while and corporate gigs are all about playing familar songs.

When did Felder start doing cororate gigs? He seemed slightly disparaging of the idea in his book.

I can also see why other musicians (and fans) might wonder why he chose to go into real estate rather than put his efforts into making more music - not that it's unusual for a musician or an actor to take up a different career in their thirties. Maybe it's more unusual is to pick up your musical career again.

Out on the Border

I think he says in his book that it was to avoid going crazy that he went back to school and got his qualification to work in real estate I suppose it was a way for him to stay around his family and keep himself busy. Surely he could have done some session work in L.A. too if he didn't want to go on the road...

Could anyone actually provide a source for Glenn criticizing Felder doing corporate gigs or getting into real estate? It doesn't have to be the one Webvan mentions; it can be any interview at any time. I'd just like to see an instance of him doing it before I comment on it.

Out on the Border

If you reread my post, GF's reaction to DF's corporate gigs that was me imagining what it would be like As for the reference to real estate I'm posivite that it's something I read, when I'm not sure but it has to be somewhere. I remember a long Eagles feature in a Guitar Magazine from 1994 but that's probaby not where I read it since they were working together again so GF would probably have kept that comment to himself...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I just did a web search and didn't find any reference to the real estate comment. Of course, since every newspaper has real estate ads on every page, there were a lot of results to sort through.

In the many interviews, past and present, that I've read (I have most on my hard drive for reference), I've been impressed with how Glenn hasn't given into temptation and made disparaging comments about Felder. He generally avoids subjects that could even lead to one. There's been a few comments from him, but I'm surprised he'd let loose with something like that, so if you find that reference, Webvan, I'd surely like to read it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Agreed, VA.

Now back to the videos - I miss Victim of Love in Eagles sets, so I think it's cool that Felder does it live still. Have you guys noticed he changed the first lyrics?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poRct_NIoK4[/ame]

(Sorry for the poor quality but there's not that many versions on YouTube to choose from)