Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So here is a fresh perspective on Don Felder. My 14-year-old son plays guitar and has been learning HC. He doesn't know anything about Felder's history with the band except that he isn't in it anymore. My son wanted to show me Felder's HC tutorial on Youtube, so we started watching it and after a minute or so of Felder talking my son said, "He's so nice..."

I thought to myself, "Son, if you only knew what is said about him!"

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    So here is a fresh perspective on Don Felder. My 14-year-old son plays guitar and has been learning HC. He doesn't know anything about Felder's history with the band except that he isn't in it anymore. My son wanted to show me Felder's HC tutorial on Youtube, so we started watching it and after a minute or so of Felder talking my son said, "He's so nice..."

I thought to myself, "Son, if you only knew what is said about him!"
    Felder is a very nice guy. A bit full of himself at times, but I think it comes with the fact he had a big hand in one of the biggest rock anthems of all time, plus being a killer player.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

For those interested in watching him take a critical drubbing on the matter of his vocal talents(or lack thereof) in real time, a totally amusing clip from a couple of years back of infamous radio & TV talker Don Imus savaging Don Felder's performance of "Hotel California" on Fox's morning show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4pWGe1I3E

The main action lasts from 0:15--4:44.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    For those interested in watching him take a critical drubbing on the matter of his vocal talents(or lack thereof) in real time, a totally amusing clip from a couple of years back of infamous radio & TV talker Don Imus savaging Don Felder's performance of "Hotel California" on Fox's morning show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4pWGe1I3E

The main action lasts from 0:15--4:44.
    I watched it, but I have no clue what the point was. They could just say they don't like Felder's singing instead of going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Why do something like that on TV?

Stuck on the Border

I know this is mean, but after getting excited about a JD Souther performance of Heartache Tonight, I thought I'd listen to one by Don Felder. I wasn't expecting to like it but I was surprised at just how bad (and hammy) Don and his band were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7GZD5VviiI

Dons version of HC with Tommy shaw is really great though. I wish Felder would use his natural voice and not heavily auto tune it. I really do enjoy that version. Felder has a natural bass tone to his voice. But the auto tune makes sound to tight and robotic. Props to Tommy Shaw who is a natural singer.

Unfortunately, that Heartache Tonight video is blocked here. I wish Don F wouldn't use auto-tune either but the man is pushing 70 now and I guess his voice isn't as strong as it used to be. He's not just singing ballads, he's taking on some rockin' songs. Kudos to him for going out and still doing his thing.

Stuck on the Border

He plays HT three semitones lower, so it sounds a bit different. But of course, he could never sing the chorus - let alone the bridge - in the original key.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I know this is mean, but after getting excited about a JD Souther performance of Heartache Tonight, I thought I'd listen to one by Don Felder. I wasn't expecting to like it but I was surprised at just how bad (and hammy) Don and his band were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7GZD5VviiI
    Gotto agree underthewire, move over Michael Buble! It's almost cabaret. Who would've thought, JD Souther out rocks Don Felder... and that inane grin, it may be fine in interviews but when your singing about heartache?

The audience seemed to enjoy it though!