Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There's a clip on YouTube where the vocal "tape" is out of sync with the band when the last verse of TIE starts. Felder reacts immediately and sings the rest of the song live. A note or two is slightly out of tune (so what?), but he sings just fine. Perhaps he doesn't have enough confidence to sing live these days, or he can't sing a full show. But I'd rather hear a raw, occasionally out of tune performance than an obviously autotuned tape that is exactly the same every time. He doesn't have to pretend to be a perfect vocalist (like he really could hit those high notes perfectly every time in WW - although he gets praise for it), he's a GUITARIST.

EDIT:

As for Don playing Eagles songs he didn't record, I guess it's more ok than Ray Wilson performing old Genesis songs he didn't even perform live with the band!
    I don't actually know which particular Genesis songs Ray played live with them. What's strange is that he also does Gabriel, Collins & Rutherford songs.

Actually this is pretty good. I would love to hear him do Wish You Were Here & Heroes.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ray-w...-4beddf0a.html

Don Felder handsome, at home (I think) and playing the beautiful intro of "Road to Forever"

https://youtu.be/0wr71AoyngA

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasy View Post
    Don Felder handsome, at home (I think) and playing the beautiful intro of "Road to Forever"

Interesting.... that's "Road to Forever" and yet that video looks to be Hell Freezes Over era. I guess that song has been percolating a while!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The description of the video is in French so I'm translating it for you:
    Solo taken out from the "Guitar Spirit" documentary "Conversations with Legendary Guitar Players"
    A chance for listening to the artist unaccompanied, simply armed with his guitar and an ampli, as if you ask a singer to show his gift a capella during an interview.

Don Felder wrote "Road to Forever" in the seventies after his father's death, in fact he dedicated it to him.
    It's surprising to see that he doesn't play an Eagles song in the documentary but one composed by himself and not released in the nineties yet. Perhaps he chose this song because it meant much to him.

Solo taken out from the "Guitar Spirit" documentary "Conversations with Legendary Guitar Players"
    A chance for listening to the artist unaccompanied, simply armed with his guitar and an ampli, as if you ask a singer to show his gift a capella during an interview.

Don Felder wrote "Road to Forever" in the seventies after his father's death, in fact he dedicated it to him.
    It's surprising to see that he doesn't play an Eagles song in the documentary but one composed by himself and not released in the nineties yet. Perhaps he chose this song because it meant much to him.
    Thanks for that!

You are welcome

Yes, thank you! Very interesting information. I never knew that.

Thank you for this. I didn’t know he wrote this in the 70s. I agree he is quite handsome here.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Nice!

We were talking about this in another thread, and I thought some people may be unfamiliar with the adult animated film Heavy Metal (1981). I found the clip of the movie where Felder's song was used in case anyone would like to watch it (warning: it's violent)