Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Thanks for posting this, Soda! It seems interesting. I'm going to check out the film. I'm a fan of all type of comics or animated films

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasy View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Soda! It seems interesting. I'm going to check out the film. I'm a fan of all type of comics or animated films
    It definitely is unique. Be aware that it's R-rated not only for violence but for partial nudity, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don is using an iPhone to read lyrics off of for "The Long Run". It's plain as day. I'm sorry, but that's hilarious. How long have you been "singing" this one Don? Really?! I know you didn't write the lyrics or sing it with the guys, but holy moly at least use a teleprompter on the floor like most other acts. Most frontmen have teleprompters but very rarely look at them because those words are ingrained into the lead singer's mind. I know Don isn't a singer firsthand (despite trying to do it all himself in his self-titled band), but I can't believe he needed to hurry up and scroll on that phone so he could finish the first verse. Luckily though it didn't affect the performance and there wasn't any missed lines or lyric. Man is Don trying to micromanage and multitask or what? Please Don - get a singer! If for any reason than to just free you up to focus on those fingers on the neck of that Les Paul for an ENTIRE show. Don't be tied to a mic or a teleprompter. Let someone (who hopefully can sound like DH) sing, and you focus on killing everyone dead with those licks that we all love you for. It's such a shame, not only to see his show brought down by vocals, but moreso that we can't watch him focus on his guitar and just focus on being Don Felder. A guitarist! If Don would get a singer and at least cut back on the singing duty and just focus on playing more guitar, I would go see him again and again because he's truly a great guitarist. That's all I want to hear from DF.

On a different note, I see Don is playing a Goldtop Les Paul now. He's always been associated with Sunbursts so to see him with a Goldtop or Black Beauty is weird to me but very cool. Would love to know about it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I've often said that IMO Don has been lip syncing for a few years, but this seems live to me. There's even one note badly out of tune in the first verse. The scrolling is hilarious, yeah. 😂

Out on the Border

What's weird is that he had a large prompter at his feet too but it can be distracting to see a singer squinting down to read lyrics and not being sure what he's doing. At least here it's pretty obvious. David Myhre the guitar player had the same phone setup .

BTW here's that same TLR video dubbed with better audio :

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I've often said that IMO Don has been lip syncing for a few years, but this seems live to me. There's even one note badly out of tune in the first verse. The scrolling is hilarious, yeah. 😂
    It's funny because when I saw him live you could literally hear the plastic in his voice with the amount of Auto-Tune he was using on almost every song, even moreso the DH songs than the GF ones. It sounded like Cher's "Believe". Which was her smash pop/dance breakthrough hit that really put Antares Auto-Tune on the map. It was brand new technology at the time and she wanted a drastic effect on her vocals. It wasn't used as Antares intended. Antares created it to "fix" a singer's pitchiness and off-key performances both live and on record. She set it to an extreme setting that no longer sounded realistic and went with it. I have a major problem with Antares for creating that. Basically the labels and big companies pick their new artists based on looks, likability, celebrity image, and stage presence. They can "fix" the pitchy vocals (aka lack of real talent). Another rant for another day, but I DO hate what Auto-Tune has done to the music industry. There was nothing like it before Antares created it. They were key in a bad domino effect.

This song, on this clip, doesn't sound Auto-Tuned and you make a great comment about the off tune note. I'm not sure if they were having technical difficulties that day with their electronics in Paris. Maybe both Auto-Tune and Teleprompters were down that day. I think I would be too proud if I were Don to go out there, and scroll on my phone while swaying side to side, singing while looking down and not play guitar.

I think if someone had a great quality pic of Don scrolling on his iPhone as he's singing it would make for a gut-busting "Caption This" thread, lol. "I'm so bored singing this damn song I'm just gonna embarrass myself making people think I'm scrolling for lyrics to sing but I'm actually scrolling through Pinterest trying to find a great Zucchini recipe to cook for when I get home. They will never know I'm just bored..."

I'm sorry Don if you are reading this (he actually might while singing "Take It Easy". ), but you make it too easy sometimes. I love ya and you are a hero but I can't help but to shake my head at you sometimes.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    What's weird is that he had a large prompter at his feet too but it can be distracting to see a singer squinting down to read lyrics and not being sure what he's doing. At least here it's pretty obvious. David Myhre the guitar player had the same phone setup .

BTW here's that same TLR video dubbed with better audio :

I almost wonder if right before the show started that the big prompters quit working right so they had to hurry up and default to a backup that was likely in place which was to use their phones on the mic stands.

Thanks for that link!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Haha, that Pinterest thing was hilarious, Austin!

Out on the Border

Here's a dubbed version of Heavy Metal :

Oh my gosh, an iPHone? NO NO NO NO NO NO. I mean, use a teleprompter if you have to because those grey cells can get a bit unreliable as one ages, that's fair enough, but an IPHONE?! That's just freaking unprofessional.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten