Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I don't know anything about guitars and was surprised to hear that they duplicate the dents and scratches!
    Gibson and Fender do that a lot. They will take a guitarist's number one guitar, examine it inch by inch, taking tons of photos, and measuring everything and listening to it's sound. Then they can have their builder in the custom shop duplicate it to an exact T. Gibson has done it for Jimmy Page, Billy Gibbons, Mike Bloomfield, Angus Young, etc and Fender has done it for Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Keith Richards, etc.

It's pretty cool but way overpriced (at 10 thou). I sent a nice email to the head of the custom shop at Gibson asking them to do a lower priced model (2-3k) for those of us that are Felder fans and can't afford it. They said no. These will be bought by rich collectors and they will probably hang on a wall in a glass case never to be played, just to be looked at. That is one of my biggest guitar pet peeves. It's not a painting, PLAY IT! Yes, they do look nice but if you just want something to stare at you can buy some nice paintings or art for the same dough. But oh well, it's Gibson. The biggest overpriced guitars as of current-times. Fender is much more reasonable with their prices. They themselves can get overpriced but no where near Gibson.

I think if they did a Don Felder signature model in the 1-3k range and they don't have to be exact like the 10k ones, just give me a guitar with the same top design and sound as Felder's original. Now I would buy that.

I'm still waiting for a JW sig but I think we'd see a JW Fender guitar before we would a JW Gibson guitar. He and Gibson "got into it" in the late 90s and he rarely plays Les Pauls anymore, where as in the early days that was his favorite instrument. I do know though he is playing lots of new Fenders so maybe we will see a signature Strat or Tele soon. I will be waiting for one!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    He and Gibson "got into it" in the late 90s and he rarely plays Les Pauls anymore, where as in the early days that was his favorite instrument.
    Interesting! What happened to turn him off Gibson?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Interesting! What happened to turn him off Gibson?
    This right here was pretty much the start of it. Gibson asked him to play one of their new model Les Pauls at the NAMM show in '94. They handed it to him strung up wrong, and it sounded AWFUL, and would not stay in tune and was built very poorly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkDdT_EPbo[/ame]

Then after this, he and Gibson got into it about endorsement prices, etc and he pretty much stopped using the brand for the most part after 2000.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks for the info, Austin. sorry for the Joe question in the Felder thread but I was very curious! I'll get things back on track now.

Felder says they approached him about a "Copy" or a "reissue" - are those the same?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the info, Austin. sorry for the Joe question in the Felder thread but I was very curious! I'll get things back on track now.

Felder says they approached him about a "Copy" or a "reissue" - are those the same?
    No problem!

Yeah.. Basically taking the guitar and making a replica/copy of it to reissue and sell.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkh4MKUeF28[/ame]

I've been watching Felder videos today. I do miss him playing with Walsh. They complimented each other so well. My favorite guitar duo. Felder is a great player, regardless of what he published in his book and what has happened, no one can deny the guy can play. I think I'll finish my night off with Christchurch if ya know what I mean! My favorite Eagles DVD. Just so fun to watch them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

A new interview with Felder about rehabilitation and music therapy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI4O9qhWnPc[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKlo7Om5M0[/ame]

A pretty cool video of Don playing guitar as music therapy for individuals with brain injuries.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Thanks for finding these. Felder is doing a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkh4MKUeF28

I've been watching Felder videos today. I do miss him playing with Walsh. They complimented each other so well. My favorite guitar duo. Felder is a great player, regardless of what he published in his book and what has happened, no one can deny the guy can play. I think I'll finish my night off with Christchurch if ya know what I mean! My favorite Eagles DVD. Just so fun to watch them.
    Is that the one in the pouring rain? I loved that DVD when I saw it first time. They all seemed to be 'playing nicely and having 'fun' despite the foul weather. I like seeing Felder and Walsh play together too. And yes that guy can play.
    Melanie