Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Don Felder videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    Is that the one in the pouring rain? I loved that DVD when I saw it first time. They all seemed to be 'playing nicely and having 'fun' despite the foul weather. I like seeing Felder and Walsh play together too. And yes that guy can play.
    Yup in the rain.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBxPsbwP68[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Don's keeping busy, I see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don's keeping busy, I see!
    Yep! He seems to be doing a lot of charity work and also working with music therapy. Maybe he's trying to do something good for people or maybe he's doing it to "look good", and I hope it's the former.

I found it hilarious and irritating at the same time when the auctioneer said it was the guitar that Felder recorded Hotel California with. If he knew anything at all about Felder's guitars, he would have known it was a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard Sunburst that he used on the song and most of the album (VOL and NKIT was the only exception where he used a Fender Stratocaster). He used a Fender 50s Tweed Deluxe amp cranked up, the same one he used on the song OOTN. That guitar they auctioned off looks brand spanking new LOL, which it is. I think the auctioneer was just trying to get more money for it! I'm glad Don set him straight. I'd be pissed if I bought the guitar thinking it was the one used on the album. But then again if it was me, I would have obviously known better and known it wasn't!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yep! He seems to be doing a lot of charity work and also working with music therapy. Maybe he's trying to do something good for people or maybe he's doing it to "look good", and I hope it's the former.
    I see no reason to doubt his sincerity.

I see no reason to doubt his sincerity.
    I wasn't. I'm just saying I hope he is doing it for the right reasons. He seems to be from what I can tell. But I can't help but to wonder if it is a case of the fact that it might partially be because he wants to "look good" compared to the other Eagles because of the fact he is doing all this work (donations, therapy, etc) compared to his former bandmates and try to look like the good guy and portray them in an negative light.

No big deal. I'm a huge fan of his if you didn't know. No disrespect meant. I have a tendency to really question things and wonder the intent of people's actions or words. I'm just more of a sensitive/paranoid person who sits around for hours and thinks about what someone said and how they meant it and worry about it and get myself into a tizzy/upset or question the intent of someone's actions or good deeds. I have a tendency to be on the very sensitive side and overreact and take offense to things quickly, no matter how trivial. I don't handle criticism at all and am very sensitive. Hence why I'm a recluse/hermit crab/very shy person and don't get out much because I'm afraid someone will say something that will upset me. I also have a hard time telling if someone is joking or serious. I have a tendency to take things the wrong way. It's just my personality. It's just one of my "quirks" I guess you could say. It's something I struggle with daily (sensitivity and paranoia).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I have a tendency to really question things and wonder the intent of people's actions or words. I'm just more of a sensitive/paranoid person who sits around for hours and thinks about what someone said and how they meant it and worry about it and get myself into a tizzy/upset or question the intent of someone's actions or good deeds. I have a tendency to be on the very sensitive side and overreact and take offense to things quickly, no matter how trivial. I don't handle criticism at all and am very sensitive. Hence why I'm a recluse/hermit crab/very shy person and don't get out much because I'm afraid someone will say something that will upset me. It's just my personality. It's just one of my "quirks" I guess you could say. It's something I struggle with daily (sensitivity and paranoia).
    Oh no! This is not a good thing, Austin. I believe (and maybe this is naive) that most people are essentially good and I don't assume the worst about anyone until they give me reason to doubt them. See, if you want to think the worst, your mind can always find a way to do so. That's why we have so many conspiracy theorists! I've seen this before personally. There are people that are positive I am a horrible person. Every time there is a possibility to interpret something I say negatively, they take it. Even if I said something like "I think you're great," they'd just say I was only pretending to be nice and STILL believe I was mean. There's nothing to be done about it so I don't try. To avoid misunderstanding, you have to be open to the fact that you can't know people's motives so, unless they give you reason to think otherwise, why not assume the best? It's much less stressful. At least that's what I think, for what it's worth.

And while this may seem off-topic, it's not, because it addresses the post about Felder. I assume Felder is doing the right thing until I have reason not to. How does it benefit you to agonize over his motives when you can never know them?

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    I'm a huge fan of his if you didn't know.
    Case in point: I could interpret this as being snarky because of course I know you're a fan, or I could shrug if off and say I know you didn't mean it to sound that way because you're a nice guy. One causes stress, one doesn't. I choose the latter.

Case in point: I could interpret this as being snarky because of course I know you're a fan, or I could shrug if off and say I know you didn't mean it to sound that way because you're a nice guy. One causes stress, one doesn't. I choose the latter.
    I promise I wasn't being snarky. I just didn't know if you knew I was a huge fan or not. I know you know that I'm a fan but he's #2 on my list (right after Joe). I really didn't know if you knew how much I liked his music/playing.

And I know I shouldn't second-guess everything and I try not to but sometimes my mind just wanders off and focuses way too hard on that stuff. It's worse when I'm bored or already depressed. Then I can only think negative thoughts and my mind is flooded with negativity. It's something I struggle with daily. I try to keep my mind occupied with other things otherwise when I'm bored or sad, this ball of negativity just floods my mind and thoughts and one negative thought leads to another and before I know it, I'm profoundly depressed and then I become very unhappy and start to question my life and get very down. It's landed me in the hospital twice already. I was born a hyper-sensitive person and I also have a paranoid streak in me in that I wonder about what people say and do, especially when someone says something to me I will stress myself out wondering if they were serious or joking or if it was meant to be hurtful or not. It's a huge stress in my life that I can't seem to get rid of.

My sensitivity is just a HUGE problem for me. It prevents me from doing a lot of things or living a normal life. But no matter how hard I try, I can't make it go away. That's why I only leave the house to go guitar shopping, to play at a jam or gig, or go to concerts. The occasional vacation but not too often as I have SEVERE social anxiety and get very panicky around lots of people. Concerts I do okay with once the music starts in because it distracts me. Same with playing onstage. Playing guitar is the one thing I'm confident about, so onstage I'm very confident and not nervous but the second I leave the stage I want to be gone and out of sight. But I don't go to Walmart or anything like that. Even waiting in the Doctors Office waiting room with people stresses me out. One day it was packed and by the time they got me back to a room and took my Blood Pressure, it was 180/100 and I had worked myself up so much. My sensitivity, paranoia, and social phobia/shyness is a huge problem for me. It paralyzes me to the point where I pretty much have no life. No matter how hard I try, I just can't make it go away. So I try to do the best I can.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIH8bNsRpU[/ame]

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8eRgHhhtIU[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger