Thread: Randy’s memorial service at The Troubadour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Randy’s memorial service at The Troubadour

Hi everyone, this event was emceed by Don Henley. It was very private, only 61 invited guests. Vince Gill and Timothy Schmit attended. Vince sang Amazing Grace. The evening concluded with everyone singing Take It to the Limit. https://randymeisnerheartsonfire.com...c7ygKG8hUjl-Hs

Default Re: Randy’s memorial service at The Troubadour

My guess on the date it was held was Sunday, August 20th.

Stuck on the Border

That's a beautiful thing. And a lovely thing from Don. I keep reading about Vince Gill. Was BERNIE there?!? Don Felder?!?

I don’t think Don Henley would tolerate being in the same building as Mr. Felder but you never know. I was very surprised that Henley was emcee for the memorial, as he seemed to have the most damaged relationship with Randy. But of course, there’s so much we don’t know. These band relationships are no doubt extremely complex.

Rolling Stone recently interviewed Timothy Schmit, who mentioned the Troubadour memorial for Randy and the “incredible professional karmic tie” the two of them shared. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ASby0BjuW5Yfg8

Stuck on the Border

I honestly forgot all about the Eagles/Felder conflict here. Weird. I totally get Don Henley not wanting to be in the company of Felder. But this was about Randy and as far as I know Randy never fell out with Felder. Felder deserved to be there more than Vince Gill.

Enough of my rant now. It was great that Don H did that for Randy. Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about Felder

Don Felder has been posting about Randy on social media, playing Take It to the Limit in concert, posting a photo of Randy’s usual table at his favorite restaurant Casa Vega, etc. They were good pals.