Page 25 of 200 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever (April 2008-March 2009)

What can I say except Thank You, Fp. Those are all superb.

I can't wait to see if you have any more Wireimage shots.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Try the second photo as your laptop wallpaper, GA! I'm battling trying to get any work done!
    Great idea MF! . Until hubby walks in and announces

'My computers corrupted, I need to use yours'

and makes a bee-line for it.

And we know thats happened before!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh My FP! Those last ones have just taken my breath away. Such utter Hotness, sexiness and gorgeousness (?) - Does such a word exist? Well you know what I mean

Just in case I haven't been able to express myself adequately enough in words,

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

And here's how it all started! Lansdowne Road 11 June 2006 8:17pm........

The moment time stood still for me.........

The moment the Eagles appeared on stage..........

The moment I fell in love with Glenn

This night 2 years ago!!

I don't think my eyes left him all night! Before TIE was finished I was hooked! By the time he was on PEF I was gone!! I was able to cope with the idea of an 'ex-wife' when he introduced LE, but when he introduced TITTL I felt like I'd just been hit by a train. By the time he waved 'goodbye' later, while feeling devastated that he was gone I was also on a high from the whole experience. I made one vow to myself. Come Hell or High Water, I'd see him again...

Of course F1 DVD followed....

as well as the Complete Greatest Hits CD, and that kept me going for a (short) while........

I then bought the HFO album on the net, and my brother gave me the HFO dvd for Christmas that year! Woo Hoo Hoo! Wait until I saw the eye candy there!! That was some treat!

The thing was.....why was Glenn the only Eagle without his own website......

Surely there was SOME information about him somewhere out there (There wasn't much on the Official Site, although I'd gotten some nice pics)....

One night I 'Googled' him and came across

www.glennfreyonline.com

and things really took off from there........
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I spent my first few weeks after I'd discovered GFO burrowing into that Aladdin's cave of information!! The very first thing I checked out was 'Big Life' where I learned more about Glenn I watched videos, listened to Audio recordings of him and of course downloaded pics, lots of them. Of course I couldn't begin to put them all up but here's a few of my favourite ones!

They certainly brightened up a cold dark winter!

What a smile I could go on forever with these......

I don't know what made me click on the link for the message board one night..... Hubby's third night out in a row perhaps.......although to be fair 2 of those had been work
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well now at last I had others to share my passion for Glenn with! I was actually amazed although not terribly surprised to find so many other people liked him as much as I did. I've made some really good friends on the board. I made a casual enquiry as to how I could manage to order the LIVE in DUBLIN video, having enquired locally.

Needless to say GEF came up tops here (Thanks GEF )

I could post hundreds of my favourite parts of that video. I must have screencapped the entire show. I'll just stick up a few.

What a gorgeous shy smile as he kicked off his intro.....

Summer 1992 does not stick out as being one of the better ones, but Glenn was making sure it was long and hot!

And my favourite! Partytown. The energy, masculinity and sheer hotness he exudes during this song is unbelieveable. A man who loves life I always replay this again, and again, and again....

The way those muscles ripple through that sweat soaked T-shirt

My only regret is that I didn't attend this wonderful gig.

Of course I have been able to follow all Glenn 's shows and those of the Eagles over the past year or more that I have been on the Board. I couldn't post pics on everything, but two where I thought he looks particularly HOT are the Starkey Gala last year

and the Cancer gala

And then came the announcement we had all been waiting for! The release of the LROOE album!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well of course the build up to and release of the LROOE album marked the start of a new era in the Eagles music. If I was to post as many pics from this era we'd be here forever. However the release of 'How Long' planted the Eagles firmly at the top of the Singles charts and the album soon followed. Meanwhile the boys and Glenn were very busy being fabulous

Opening theatres

Doing Interviews

Making videos

Signing guitars
    (Thanks Soda! )

Receiving awards and making guest appearances at awards shows

And of course, playing Golf

Only one more thing was needed......................
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

And it happened!
    On 14 January the dates were announced for the start of the LROOE tour. But the best bit was the first venue!
    LONDON!!!
    Made even better by the fact that GEF and MF would come on the same night as well.
    Well there's plenty of reviews on the Concert Review thread. All the ticket buying, accomodation arranging, the effort put into organising what to wear (and yes, even the weight loss) paid off as I took my seat in the second row, RIGHT UNDER GLENN . And I KNOW he made eye contact with me during the show. I just felt so elated and lucky to have been able to do all of this.

Most importantly I had kept the vow I had made to myself this night 2 years ago. I've seen Glenn again, and he was everything I wished for that evening.

That was a little dark.

Here's NMCD

And when he took his jacket off, well MF and I went berserk!

This has been a bit of an Odessey today! It wasn't meant to be so long but I couldn't leave anything out! So thanks for joining me on it.

Phew!! Its been some 2 years!!

Thanks also to you all for being such good friends, for being supportive when the 'chips' were down, and to Soda, MF Dreamer and GEF for the parcels that they have sent me. I hope we'll all be around here for years to come yet. I still have a few promises to keep!
    1. I have to see the Eagles in concert again, preferably in Dublin.
    2. I have to see a Glenn solo show sometime, again preferably Dublin but as he probably won't I may have to travel.
    3. I HAVE to meet him however long it takes.

This is what keeps me going at times

Thanks folks

Goodbye from Dublin!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Now that was simply FAN - TAS - TIC!!!

WOW, WOW, WOW, GA!!! My, my, my - I REALLY enjoyed that! You've posted some of my favourite photos there, as you probably know!

Well, today it's a year and 4 months for me (you'll remember my magical day was 11 February 2007 ), but I'll celebrate again on 11 February next year.

Thanks to Glenn I've met you, GA, and all my wonderful friends on this site. Thank you to all of you for your kindness as well - it has really changed my life.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

FP--Thanks for posting those awesome pictures. My favorite is the one where Glenn is sitting at the keyboard.