Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

No bashing here, LTL. I normally like everything Don sings, but not Fast Company. I hate that song too. UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Katherine: now THAT is devotion!
    Thanks for using the word "devotion" to describe my malady and not "obsession!"
    I pick my words carefully, Katherine! If you're obsessed, then so am I!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    MF - you remember the date you fell in love with Glenn Okay, now that's plain weird
    TBSF - you mean you missed out on my Glenn anniversary celebrations over in "Frey Fever"?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    And Johnny Cash was a baritone. Glenn is a tenor. Minor point. I don't know if Cash sang with a 'twang' or not but he had a very powerful voice and I love the way he sang, just as I love the way Glenn sings.

MF, Glenn hasn't lived full time in Aspen for years. He still has a house there but he lives in LA.
    Highlighted line: Good point, FP. I don't get the Johnny Cash comparison at all, since he was strictly a country artist. Glenn performs many styles of music.

Also, thanks for updating my knowledge of Glenn's place of residence. I've been listening to the 1992 "Strange Weather" promotional interview far too many times...

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I speak as a non-American who believes Glenn doesn't affect a southern accent. I have heard it described as a 'Michigan drawl'.

I've never heard of a Michigan drawl. Most people from this part of the country speak rapid fire, IMO (and I'm one of them). The only time anyone from these parts uses a drawl is when they've had too much to drink.
    Highlighted line: Molly, that really cracked me up!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Tonights random though... I hate the song Fast Company! What's up w/that crazy voice??? Sorry, I'll probably be bashed for saying so... but I just can't take it! ICK!
    It really surprises me how many of you dislike "Fast Company". I LOVE it! It has such a driving beat, and I love Don's vocal - it's different, and it showcases his range. I also love Glenn's lower octave vocal over Don's lead - it just makes me melt.

I've always thought that the bridge of the song i.e. from "Talk to me, and I'll try to remember..." sounded very much like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" - not in melody, but in the brass section punctuating the vocals, and also the way Don sings.

MF - you remember the date you fell in love with Glenn Okay, now that's plain weird
    Not really.... October 2, 1979. It is hard to forget.
    Ah, FP, how I wish I could say I've been a fan for that long. Then again, I was only 3 years old in 1979!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Today's random thought... I think my favorite Eagles "look" was HFO. While they all still look awesome, I think they really peaked in the 90's... look-wise. Something about the hair I'm sure. I loved Joe's short hair and glasses - I thought that was SEXY! Glenn's was short and flowing... Don had that parted hair that hung on the sides of his face... Yum! Timothy, well, let's face it, that man looks hot w/long hair... still! Ok, there you have it... today's shallow thought.

Default random thoughts

I really liked the HFO looks also. But I really liked Glenn's long hair years back too, you can tell I'm a throwback to the 60's and 70's ! But as for Timothy...I LOVE the long hair at any age!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Not really.... October 2, 1979. It is hard to forget.

Ah, FP, how I wish I could say I've been a fan for that long. Then again, I was only 3 years old in 1979!

Maybe it's an illness that afflicts Frey Fans

You don't want to know how old I was in '79