Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Do you ever have random thoughts regarding them?
    You better believe I have random thoughts about them. I daydream about being able to meet them, and actually have a conversation with them, all the time!

I missed my true calling as a groupie in the 70'!!! Honestly, I would have been all over these guys like white on rice given the chance! HA!
    Oh, LTL--I am right there with you on that one!

Welcome, AzEaglesFan! We're glad you found us!

And you're right, that is Timmy's wife hugging him in the HFO DVD.
    They look like they are a very devoted couple.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I can see this topic getting naughty I don't think I can post my 'random thoughts'

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome to my world, tbsf.

And welcome to the board from me as well, azef. Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

And now I had a few minutes to look for a pic of Timothy and the Mrs. to post ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

What cute little hippies they were! Far out!! Peace!!

Stuck on the Border

These have been some excellent comments.

I agree that they may get bored with the suits after a while. I do find it hard to believe that they will continue to wear them. But I must say at the moment I'm enjoying looking at them.

LTL... random thoughts? Daydreams? I have a lot of them. I'm going to have to think about this. The main scenario that plays in my mind is what would happen if I ever went to Pebble Beach to meet Glenn. I wonder what I would say or how I would behave.

Regarding the music it is the most important to me after the Beatles. I am proud to say that I haven't been able to get enough of it since 1975.

You used the word 'carefree' though. I would only use that about some of their earliest material. From Desperado onwards, that pretty much goes.

Okay, I can't be the only one w/random thoughts on these guys.
    Don't worry...you're not! One of my strange random thoughts is that I'll think of things in "Eagles time." For example, if I'm driving to a meeting and listening to a CD, upon arrival, I'll think something like, "Oh, that took me Disc One of LROOE to drive here." Or I'll think "It takes me One of These Nights and half of Too Many Hands to take my shower." How weird is that?

Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily...
    I've listened to them on and off since the late 70's. One of the first albums I bought was Greatest Hits when I was in middle school. Groups have come and gone, but they've always been the constant in my life. Every so often, I'll get into a groove, where they are all I listen to. Back in November, I had to drive someplace at 2:30 in the morning after not getting too much sleep and I thought, "What can I listen to that will keep me from falling asleep at the wheel?" I listened to the Very Best of CDs and I've been in one of my All-Eagles-All-the-Time grooves ever since. Around this same time, I started looking online for web sites and discovered EOC. Or, maybe I heard about the new album first; I can't remember the sequence. Anyway, since November, I've been immersing myself in everything Eagles...more so than ever before. Thank you, Internet! I've listened to the equivalent of at least three of their albums every day since then (whether a full album or various songs on my MP3) . I will put on an Eagles or Henley CD to fall asleep to every night. It's kind of funny how that started. Right before Christmas, I heard a mouse in my walls (Eek!). I couldn't stand to listen to it while I was trying to sleep so I put a CD on to drown out the sound. The mouse either escaped or died within a day or two, but ever since then, I've continued to listen to them while I fall asleep. And I always know when I wake up in the morning, what the last song was that I heard. You wouldn't think that I'd be able to fall asleep to the music since I'm usually tapping my foot or singing along in my mind, but I generally can fall asleep within 3 songs or so. It's rather pleasant falling asleep to them, I must say. In January I leased a new car and I got a year's worth of satellite radio with it. I was thrilled about this and then the novelty wore off - after 2 days! I went right back to the Eagles! I'm sure at some point I'll stop listening to them as much as I am now, but right now it's all I want to listen to.

do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)
    Daydreams?? Now that would be just downright crazy!

I missed my true calling as a groupie in the 70'!!! Honestly, I would have been all over these guys like white on rice given the chance! HA!
    Oh, to have been invited to one of their "third encores!"
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Okay, I can't be the only one w/random thoughts on these guys. Do you ever have random thoughts regarding them?

Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily... do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)

Okay, my latest random thought... and I can't believe I forgot this one in my original post...

Highlighted paragraph: LTL, there has hardly been a day since I first became crazy about Eagles music in 2004 (I'm a '76 baby! ) that I haven't listened to their music. The day I fell in love with them (and in particular, with Glenn ) was on 11 February 2007, and since then I've been a goner. I discovered GFO the next day, and it's been all downhill from there... I know all the lyrics to most of their songs, and sing and play many of them too. I daydream all the time about meeting them, and like FP, I also wonder how I would behave and what I would say if I were to meet Glenn at Pebble Beach. I know I would be very nervous, and also ultra conservative! When Glenn acknowledged me at the 20 March London concert, my heart leapt, and I can't even remember if I smiled - I just stared at him.

And yes, I admit, I have some pretty naughty thoughts about Glenn too, but this is a family Board. It's all Glenn's fault - he's just so darn sexy...

Probably my greatest wish would be to sing with the Eagles. I'm not in their league, but hell, it would be fantastic. I've always dreamt of singing a harmony with Glenn on "The Girl From Yesterday", or on "Peaceful Easy Feeling". I do it all the time when I have those songs on at home.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Okay, I can't be the only one w/random thoughts on these guys.
    Don't worry...you're not! One of my strange random thoughts is that I'll think of things in "Eagles time." For example, if I'm driving to a meeting and listening to a CD, upon arrival, I'll think something like, "Oh, that took me Disc One of LROOE to drive here." Or I'll think "It takes me One of These Nights and half of Too Many Hands to take my shower." How weird is that?

Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily...
    I've listened to them on and off since the late 70's. One of the first albums I bought was Greatest Hits when I was in middle school. Groups have come and gone, but they've always been the constant in my life. Every so often, I'll get into a groove, where they are all I listen to. Back in November, I had to drive someplace at 2:30 in the morning after not getting too much sleep and I thought, "What can I listen to that will keep me from falling asleep at the wheel?" I listened to the Very Best of CDs and I've been in one of my All-Eagles-All-the-Time grooves ever since. Around this same time, I started looking online for web sites and discovered EOC. Or, maybe I heard about the new album first; I can't remember the sequence. Anyway, since November, I've been immersing myself in everything Eagles...more so than ever before. Thank you, Internet! I've listened to the equivalent of at least three of their albums every day since then (whether a full album or various songs on my MP3) . I will put on an Eagles or Henley CD to fall asleep to every night. It's kind of funny how that started. Right before Christmas, I heard a mouse in my walls (Eek!). I couldn't stand to listen to it while I was trying to sleep so I put a CD on to drown out the sound. The mouse either escaped or died within a day or two, but ever since then, I've continued to listen to them while I fall asleep. And I always know when I wake up in the morning, what the last song was that I heard. You wouldn't think that I'd be able to fall asleep to the music since I'm usually tapping my foot or singing along in my mind, but I generally can fall asleep within 3 songs or so. It's rather pleasant falling asleep to them, I must say. In January I leased a new car and I got a year's worth of satellite radio with it. I was thrilled about this and then the novelty wore off - after 2 days! I went right back to the Eagles! I'm sure at some point I'll stop listening to them as much as I am now, but right now it's all I want to listen to.

do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)
    Daydreams?? Now that would be just downright crazy!

Oh, to have been invited to one of their "third encores!"
    Katherine: now THAT is devotion! I have the "Complete Greatest Hits" and LROOE on my mp3 player, as well as all Glenn's solo albums. I listen to the player every day (interspersed with songs by Elvis Presley, the Beatles and the Searchers). I've been playing LROOE as a complete album almost non-stop - it's resident in my CD player, although Don Henley's "Actual Miles" has been getting some time there, too. When I first discovered Glenn's solo music, I would stay after work so that I could watch the videos of him on GFO (before I started downloading them). When I finally got my hands on the albums, I played nothing else. I remember once having Glenn's "The Allnighter" album on and playing it three times in a row without a break!

And this is excluding the growing picture collection in folders on my laptop! I spend a lot of time sometimes just staring at my Glenn screensaver! Oh yeah, I have it SO bad!

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan
    I just signed up with The Border and this is the first time I have tried to post anything so hope it comes out right. On one of the web sites for Timothy it does list him as a vegetarian. It also has a picture of him and his wife. I think she is the same woman that is hugging him on the Hell Freezes over DVD
    Welcome to The Border, AEF! It's great to have you here and I hope you will post many more times for us! Thanks for the information on Timothy.

Dreamer, thanks for that lovely pic of Timmy and his wife!