Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

This is a great thread, thanks for startong it, Ltl!

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Okay, I can't be the only one w/random thoughts on these guys.
    Don't worry...you're not! One of my strange random thoughts is that I'll think of things in "Eagles time." For example, if I'm driving to a meeting and listening to a CD, upon arrival, I'll think something like, "Oh, that took me Disc One of LROOE to drive here." Or I'll think "It takes me One of These Nights and half of Too Many Hands to take my shower." How weird is that?
    Oh Katherine, I'm just the same! I know that if I play disc 1 of LROOE when I drive to work, I'll hear WDIDWMH along the Embankment and will be halfway through IDWTHAM as I park! How sad is that? If I play Actual Miles, I like to be on the main road by the time the bridge starts on BOS, so that I can jack the speed up! Sometimes I deliberately drive slowly just to get to a certain song (although not annoyingly slow for other drivers.) I love my music in the car, and I can sing along without long hard looks from the boys!

Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily...
    Well, yes. Since I rediscovered them in 2005 I have listened to then daily, and have amassed an impressive (or should that be obsessive?) collection of articles, clippings, songbooks, dvds, etc, not to mention filling my hard disk up with photos and downloads, thanks to EOC, Ebay and Google!

Around this same time, I started looking online for web sites and discovered EOC. Or, maybe I heard about the new album first; I can't remember the sequence. Anyway, since November, I've been immersing myself in everything Eagles...more so than ever before. Thank you, Internet!
    Hear, hear!

do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)
    Um....yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    MF - you remember the date you fell in love with Glenn Okay, now that's plain weird
    Not really.... October 2, 1979. It is hard to forget.

Ah, FP, how I wish I could say I've been a fan for that long. Then again, I was only 3 years old in 1979!

Maybe it's an illness that afflicts Frey Fans

You don't want to know how old I was in '79
    Me too, tbsf! Old enough to join with the others here who would have been very happy to receive one of those 3E badges!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Btw, didn't there used to be a bit on SNL called Random Thoughts and they were these far out "philosophical" thoughts that you could just hear Steve Martin thinking?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Btw, didn't there used to be a bit on SNL called Random Thoughts and they were these far out "philosophical" thoughts that you could just hear Steve Martin thinking?
    I think your thinking of "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy. Some of them were hilarious and some, I admit, I just didn't "get".

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

'Life' matters have kept me from being able to post this week but I am reading this thread with fascination and interest and will at least try to reply to some of the issues raised that I can identify with

One of my strange random thoughts is that I'll think of things in "Eagles time." For example, if I'm driving to a meeting and listening to a CD, upon arrival, I'll think something like, "Oh, that took me Disc One of LROOE to drive here." Or I'll think "It takes me One of These Nights and half of Too Many Hands to take my shower." How weird is that?
    I too am pretty much the same depending on what cd I have on. The best example is that it takes the full POMPOY to drive to my son's creche, and HL to drive to my daughter's school. If we get to FC on the way to my parents we know the traffic is bad, and good if we're there by WITW!
    Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily...
    Absolutely! I don't think I could do a day without my Eagles. Even the kids know to call me when an Eagles song comes onto the radio! I have them on the ipod, and on cd's both in the car and in the house. And of course I have most of Glenn 's solo stuff on cd as well. I also play some of their songs on the guitar when I'm relaxing. I have hundreds of pics on the laptop, ipod and phone (Thanks MF ) as well as DVDs of their gigs.

do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)
    Do I WHAT!! All the time! Particularly Glenn . He constantly fills my head, and I really really hope I meet him some time! Of course I'd love to meet any of them, but if I met one of the others one of my questions would have to be 'Can you get me to Glenn ?'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    MF - you remember the date you fell in love with Glenn Okay, now that's plain weird
    Not really.... October 2, 1979. It is hard to forget.
    Ah, FP, how I wish I could say I've been a fan for that long. Then again, I was only 3 years old in 1979!
    Its also hard to forget 11 June 2006, 8:16pm, Lansdowne Road Dublin!

That was when I fell in love with Glenn . What a night to remember!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Today's random thought... I think my favorite Eagles "look" was HFO. While they all still look awesome, I think they really peaked in the 90's... look-wise. Something about the hair I'm sure. I loved Joe's short hair and glasses - I thought that was SEXY! Glenn's was short and flowing... Don had that parted hair that hung on the sides of his face... Yum! Timothy, well, let's face it, that man looks hot w/long hair... still! Ok, there you have it... today's shallow thought.
    I wouldn't call it shallow at all LTL! MF and I have often had this discussion and I'm sure she won't mind me referring to her here. But after London! .................... Well IMHO it doesn't get Hotter! Glenn Particularly!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

As for Glenn's southern accent... it is more noticable now then when he was younger... like he "learned" it. Which honestly, most people who move south do "learn" it. I guess, adapt it, would be the better word. In any case, Glenn does not live in the south! I'm a midwestern girl, and I can totally tell the difference in his speech. I'm not really bothered by it, just curious is all.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. I was listening to him talking on the Millennium version of Those Shoes yesterday. When he says 'feels like New Years to me, man' and then 'why don't you guys count down with me' it sounds like a standard, non-southern, American accent. In his interviews in the F1 DVD and 60 Minutes he sounds the same. He has never lived in the south, but has recorded there. He has spent a lot of time with people from Texas. Compare Don's voice. That IS a southern accent.

Tonights random though... I hate the song Fast Company! What's up w/that crazy voice??? Sorry, I'll probably be bashed for saying so... but I just can't take it! ICK!
    I like Fast Company, but I think it would have been better sung in a normal voice. I like the bridge, where Don says he got to do his 'hommage' to Al Green. MF, the comparison with Sledgehammer is interesting. That works for me too.

Tonights random though... I hate the song Fast Company! What's up w/that crazy voice??? Sorry, I'll probably be bashed for saying so... but I just can't take it! ICK!
    It really surprises me how many of you dislike "Fast Company". I LOVE it! It has such a driving beat, and I love Don's vocal - it's different, and it showcases his range. I also love Glenn's lower octave vocal over Don's lead - it just makes me melt.

I've always thought that the bridge of the song i.e. from "Talk to me, and I'll try to remember..." sounded very much like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" - not in melody, but in the brass section punctuating the vocals, and also the way Don sings.
    I didn't like it the first few times I heard it, but now I just love it. It's one of my favorites to sing along to especially when speeding (uh, I mean driving at the posted speeds!) down the highway!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Similar to me. Initially I wasn't as gone on it as I was with other songs, but my daughter loved it, so she would 'backspace' the car stereo to it (I always knew I shouldn't have let her in the front seat ), and now it has really grown on me!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It really surprises me how many of you dislike "Fast Company". I LOVE it! It has such a driving beat, and I love Don's vocal - it's different, and it showcases his range. I also love Glenn's lower octave vocal over Don's lead - it just makes me melt.

I've always thought that the bridge of the song i.e. from "Talk to me, and I'll try to remember..." sounded very much like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" - not in melody, but in the brass section punctuating the vocals, and also the way Don sings.
    I'm with you on this Mrs. F! I LOVE Fast Company! I love the driving beat, I love Don's falsetto, I love Glenn's lower vocal, I love the lyrics, I love the harmonies with the "ooooh's" near the end. One of my first favorites actually!