Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Hi-didn't know where to put this random thought!-but does anyone know how tall the guys are?? Just wondered!!

Quote Originally Posted by freyfantastic61
    Hi-didn't know where to put this random thought!-but does anyone know how tall the guys are?? Just wondered!!
    According to www.imdb.com:

Don = 5' 10'' (1.78 m)
    Glenn = 5' 9" (1.75 m)
    Timothy = 5' 9'' (1.75 m)

According to www.celebheights.com:
    Joe = 5' 10.5" (1.79 m)
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Today’s random thoughts…. Keep in mind that I LOVE Glenny boy. However, I want to know, exactly when did he become a good ‘ol southern boy? I mean, he hails from the Midwest, and lives in CA… so how the heck did he adapt that southern country accent? I was watching him on YouTube (sorry Don, but you tube just makes me love you all more)… and when Glen is doing intro’s of the band, he sounds so southern. Also, even his singing has a some twang in it. OMG, he really is morphing into Johnny Cash!
    I've noticed this too, and all I can think of is that it comes from hanging out with so many Texans for so long. Starting with JD Souther and then of course Henley, he has said before that he's been "hostage to the great state of Texas." You can still hear some of that Michigan accent occasionally, though, like when he sings "Fergiveness" instead of "forgiveness" in HOTM. I personally find the mix charming.

Other random replies...

Fast Company - ugh. Falsetto = me no like.

HFO - they all look delicious. My fave Glenn look.

And Tim the same height as Glenn? That surprises me - I thought he was taller. Of course I could be wrong, but I prefer to believe it MUST be the site's error.

Finally - welcome, AzEaglesFan!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    MF - you remember the date you fell in love with Glenn Okay, now that's plain weird
    Not really.... October 2, 1979. It is hard to forget.
    Ah, FP, how I wish I could say I've been a fan for that long. Then again, I was only 3 years old in 1979!
    Maybe it's an illness that afflicts Frey Fans

You don't want to know how old I was in '79
    Well, I can't remember the exact date because it came on gradually rather than all of a sudden. But I don't think it's too weird to remember if you have a reason to do so!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Today's random thought... I wonder how it must feel to be Glenn. I mean, think about it... he is an icon.

Joni Mitchell wrote two songs about him. Bob Seger wrote a song about him. The character Randy in Almost Famous was based on Glenn.

There could be more people who wrote things about him, but I just don't know it. I think that's pretty cool. I mean, he must leave one hell of an impression on people for them to actually write about him. Dang, he's cool!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I don't feel as qualified to answer this as others who have known him (or about him) longer than me or who have met him feel. So this is just a stab and I could be way off the mark. But I have a feeling that he is probably humble enough about the whole thing at this stage. Yes, he knows he's famous, and he probably DOES get a thrill when girls half his age still scream for him at gigs, and when LROOE did so well,but he doesn't strike me as a guy who seeks iconic status. At times he even tries to take a back seat. He enjoys what he does and is aware of the pleasure he has brought to so many people in both his solo and his Eagles capacity, but also enjoys the more 'normal' things in life, like being 'dad' to his kids and his love of nature as was brought out in his ROD video, and his bit of Golf. I'd say too that while he knows that he has had an incredibly successful life, it didn't always come easy and that he is very grateful for what he has. He also seems to value his fans a lot more than other stars.
    I don't know if I'm making any sense here!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Gosh, GA, I couldn't agree more with everything you've said about Glenn's humility. It certainly seems that way, and you make perfect sense! He's a wonderful man!

LTL, I agree with you. He certainly does seem to leave a marked impression on people to inspire them to write about him. Well, just look at some of us who haven't even met him, and we post about him every chance we get! In a nutshell, he has the whole package.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Today's random thought... I think my favorite Eagles "look" was HFO. While they all still look awesome, I think they really peaked in the 90's... look-wise. Something about the hair I'm sure. I loved Joe's short hair and glasses - I thought that was SEXY! Glenn's was short and flowing... Don had that parted hair that hung on the sides of his face... Yum! Timothy, well, let's face it, that man looks hot w/long hair... still! Ok, there you have it... today's shallow thought.
    Gosh, it was funny to read this after having watched HFO last night and having thought along similar lines. I always wrestle with myself as to which era I think is Glenn's hottest, although I think it might just be HFO for me. I fell in love with the man when I watched it for the first time. He looks so "in charge" (FP will agree ) and in control, which adds to his sexiness, but there are moments when he looks vulnerable, and I want to reach out and hold him tight... I'm sorry, but he does that to me. Whenever he sits at the piano or keyboard, and that passion for his music spreads across his face, he looks in need of love and so vulnerable. There's also a moment when there's a look on Glenn's face that touches me everytime I watch HFO: when Don tells the audience that they feel very fortunate to have them supporting the Eagles after all those years, the camera spends a few seconds on Glenn's face, and my heart just melts... I absolutely love the intimate filming style of the show - the close-ups of Glenn make my heart race. The camera gets in VERY close, to the point where one can see his every pore (and the sex appeal he oozes from each one ). His hairstyle is certainly my favourite for him - his luxurious, thick, chocolate brown, wavy hair is shown off to maximum effect. He also looks great in that tight jeans and those beige boots. HOT!

HFO is definitely my favourite period for Don and Joe - I was just thinking last night how much I love their hairstyles in the show. I love the way Don's hair falls to the sides of his face when he looks downwards , and Joe's hairstyle emphasises his facial features .

Timothy's style hasn't changed since then, so then or now, he looks great.

Having said all that, I luuurve the way Glenn looks in F1 - that pink and grey combo (and I think I've mentioned this before ) is so handsome on him, and he looks so well groomed. His hair ALWAYS looks good. I enjoy the jeans and shirt look, too.

Don's F1 first half look is very smart and sexy - I love the brown shirt hanging loose under the black jacket. The spiky hairstyle also suits him very well.

Regarding Glenn's solo years, I love him the most during the 'mid '80s (he's so HOT he's on fire ), but his '92 Dublin look is also very sexy, and the muscles he sported in the late '80s are... well... Sorry, I couldn't find appropriate words to use for my feelings about it.

Today's random thought... I wonder how it must feel to be Glenn. I mean, think about it... he is an icon.
    Hmmmm....my random thought is, I wonder what it must feel like to be Don?

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Quote Originally Posted by freyfantastic61
    According to www.imdb.com:

Don = 5' 10'' (1.78 m)
    Glenn = 5' 9" (1.75 m)
    Timothy = 5' 9'' (1.75 m)

According to www.celebheights.com:
    Joe = 5' 10.5" (1.79 m)
    Thanks for these stats, Katherine! This clears up what I suspected , although I thought that Joe was taller than Don.