Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

Yeah, he came through - we got some T-shirts and CDs a few months ago. It was very cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Feel free to make more comments in the book thread/s, LTL. I agree with your observations. The word 'hack' hadn't occurred to me but I think there is something in it. I think the only reason we didn't talk about the book much at the time was because we all felt rather sad about it.
    I wasn't so much sad as pissed off! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Yeah, he came through - we got some T-shirts and CDs a few months ago. It was very cool!
    Yay! It had gone a bit quiet on that front and I thought he may have forgotten, but there you go, he's a man of his word!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Of course he's a man of his word! I would expect no less from him!

I really need to get Felders book.

FP congrats on 2800 posts! Wow that is some acheivement!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I can lend it to you if you like! Two years back. Molly kindly sent her copies of 'Hotel California' over here, and subseqent donors have left Laurel Canyon untouched.'

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Today's random thought... why does Glenn sing Take it to the Limit now that Randy is gone? Don't you think Timothy would have been the better choice? I mean, him and Randy have that similiar high pitch...

Hmmm....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ltl - Out of respect for Randy, Tim has never sang any of his Eagles songs. I don't think he ever would. I think Tim maybe didn't want to be always thought of as Randy's replacement in the band. He wanted to 'find his own niche', and singing Randy's song would probably stand in the way of that. I totally agree that Tim would do a great job with TITTL with his high voice. However, since Glenn co-wrote the song with Don and Randy, it makes sense that Glenn would sing it. I like Glenn's version, but have also always wished that, at least, Tim could do the high part at the end - again, not likely to ever happen. I will say that Glenn does an electric version of the song in his solo shows that is far better than the acoustic version in the Eagles shows. I so wish he would go with the electric version all the time - it is awesome.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yes, I remember reading that Tim outright refused to sing TITTL in concert - I think it's one of the few things he has insisted upon within the Eagles. Who knows, perhaps that's also why he didn't take Randy's verse on How Long.

I think Glenn does it because it is such a magnificent song and SOMEONE has to sing it in lieu of Randy! I love the song so much that I'm very glad he does it.

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Hi- I wasn't sure where to post this but I have just treated myself to Don's album "The end of the Innocence" and I also endulged in buying his dvd"Inside Job" much to my hubby's amusement and they are both brilliant! I now plan to catch up on some of Glenn's -maybe it should have been the other way round!! PS I have been showing off my photos of the concert and EVERYBODY has said "Oh you lucky thing I would have loved to have gone but put off getting tickets!" My answer to that is why wait? life is too precious and you never know what's around the corner!! 4wks on and I am still smiling!! luv FF61

Stuck on the Border

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on EOTI, FF.

Regarding TITTL.... am I the only one for whom Randy's high singing at the end of the original version leaves me absolutely cold? It does nothing for me and never has. I am not bothered about Glenn not attempting to do that

Although Tim's voice is high pitched, it's far more 'mellow' if you like, than Randy's. As I imply above I found Randy's high singing too strident.