Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Soda, when I say promotion... I mean, getting them radio play.

Yes, it's very confusing!

Looking back, I guess I was trying to say... since the put the CD out themselves, they aren't getting radio play. If you put it out through a studio they would be getting radio paly... thus making their current songs more popular and in turn, it would probably make them future classics... just like their old music.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I noticed that LROOE has dropped out of the Billboard top 10 but it has never been out of the Country Weekly top 10 since it was released. I don't hear any of the songs played on Country radio but it doesn't seem to be hurting them in record sells or concerts attendance. Wish they would play the videos more and I would love to hear The Eagles on the radio. I guess I will just have to keep playing LROOE CD instead. I don't listen to the radio near as much because they don't play The Eagles.

AzEaglesFan--I agree. Radio just does not play the Eagles. We have XM and on their 70's channel, I hear a good many Eagles songs.

Over here in the UK it's very hard to hear any Eagles's music. When the album first came out they played a few tracks on Gold. but it's gone quiet. A few nights ago Virgin played Boys of Summer, and I was made up!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We don't tend to get much on the mainstream radio stations over here but we DO tend to get a reasonable supply of Eagles on our local country station Country mix. For example today I would have heard PEF, HL and TS. And that was only when I had the radio on! Ther were quite possibly others, as it is common enough to hear TIE, LE, NMCD and BBF. Occasionally we also get TITTL and HC although not as much as the others. At least once a day we manage POMPOY as well. Its often used to open out the next hour after the news! I think when you add the time for news, sport, weather, traffic and run into POMPOY it gives the dj about a 15 minute break!! Still, do I look like I'm complaining. I think not! Its particularly good when the radio alarm tunes in for the 7am news and then POMPOY follows. Guess who's a happy camper those mornings!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out POMPOY?

Stuck on the Border

POMPOY stands for Part Of Me, Part Of You, which in my opinion is Glenn's best solo song ever.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    I'm sorry, but I can't figure out POMPOY?
    LOL! When I became a new fan, this was the acronym that stymied me as well. I finally did a forum search for "POMPOY" so that I could find a discussion where (hopefully) someone had spelled it out!

I adore it - in my opinion, it's one of his best songs of all time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

OH!!! No wonder I couldn't figure it out... I'm pretty much an Eagles fan... but really don't know their solo efferts. While I'm sure they are great... I just have no interest in their solo careers. Yes, I know... let the bashing begin...

DIE, BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, lol.

Do you like the solo stuff at the Eagles concerts like Boys of Summer?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten