Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I just want to clarify... I'm not saying they look bad (as if Glenn could - NOT!) in suits... I'm just saying I don't like it for their performances. I've always thought of their music as being carefree... and suits are not carefree.

Also, I just happen to think jeans and t-shirt are SO sexy if you can wear it right... and boy can Glenn wear that right.

I had another random thought today... does anyone know if Timothy is a vegetarian? I guess his slender build and long hair (hippie image if you will) leads me to think he is... although I'm probably wrong. Also, I've never seen a picture of his wife, and I envision her w/long hair and long shirts w/vests over them. Don't ask me where these random thoughts come from... I guess just thinking about them and their lifes is all.

I also want to say, I LOVE the Eagles! They are awesome! While I may make comments that are trivial or fun or just silly... none of that means much... they are just my thoughts. I truly love and appreciate their musical talents!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am with those that are against the suits on stage. Yes, they look very handsome in them, but matching suits is not what I would prefer seeing when I go to an Eagles concert – to me there are different style of dress for different occasions and a rock concert is not what I consider a formal occasion. It’s all just a matter of preference though, and for me, it’s jeans on a stage and suits in a board room , church, or other formal occasion. I also agree that given Glenn’s known preference for suits in the past, that it is probably his idea. C’mon Glenn – lighten up while you still can!

BTW – welcome to the board ltl. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. In answer to your other question, Tim is, indeed, a vegan. As far as pictures of his wife (Jean), I don’t have time to hunt one down at the moment, but there are some posted on the board here in Tim’s Schmit Sexiness thread. There should also be some posted in the photo gallery on the TimothyBSchmitOnline.com website. Jean also appears in the opening segments on the HFO DVD.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border, ltl! Glad to have you! There are lots of Eagles lovers here.

It seems you have started quite the controversy! Great discussion!

First let me say I, too, love a good looking man in a suit. They are very sexy! And we have four of them here. But, I do think they will get boring if they continue on a world tour in them. I agree, they look like corporate businessmen and are "uncool"! I think they should change in to rock star clothes (jeans and t-shirts) after a few songs. LITFL, HC and many of the other songs just don't fit the corporate image. Joe looks completely uncomfortable and out of place. I mean, he is a legendary, crazy guitar player! Put him in a suit for 3 hours?

I do think they are probably taping a lot of the shows and plan to piece together a new dvd and don't want to worry about some of the glitches like we had in the Farewell 1 dvd. I'm hoping!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ok, ok...I can't resist any longer.

"Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!" :P

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister

Good one, PLS!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Especially, when the sharp 'dressing' includes nice fitting jeans, PLS!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke

Good one, PLS!
    Love it! So true!!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I have to say I hope they have ditched the suits by the time I get to see them (if I ever do ). They all look nice in a suit but I waaaaay prefer the more casual look. Yep, if I end up paying mega-bucks to see them I want the 'casual look' thrown in for free.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Okay, I can't be the only one w/random thoughts on these guys. Do you ever have random thoughts regarding them?

Also, I'm curious... since there are some faithful members/posters here, exactly how into Eagles are you? I mean, is this the music you listen to daily... do you have daydreams about meeting them, etc? (Silly questions, I know)

Okay, my latest random thought... and I can't believe I forgot this one in my original post...

I missed my true calling as a groupie in the 70'!!! Honestly, I would have been all over these guys like white on rice given the chance! HA!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I just signed up with The Border and this is the first time I have tried to post anything so hope it comes out right. On one of the web sites for Timothy it does list him as a vegetarian. It also has a picture of him and his wife. I think she is the same woman that is hugging him on the Hell Freezes over DVD