Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts ...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've definitely read it before, On this site I'd imagine. Its a pity I was only in Kindergarten when Glenn was out chasing babes . I love the party buzz idea!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Multiple songs? I only know of Sara and Has Anyone Written Anything For You and Long Way To Go. Did Stevie write another song about Don or did you mean there are three songs about both of them?

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

FP, sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

I'm chiming in w/my random thoughts... I just received Heaven and Hell today. I am at the part where Felder joins the band... Now, I realized that purchasing this book may really make me dislike my favorite Eagle ... but I'm finding this to be a hard read. If this were a work of fiction, written in third person, I'd really think him to be the hero of a heartwrenching story... but instead, since it's a biography, I find him to be reaching too hard to look like the model guy.

In any case, I haven't even gotton to the "meat" of the book yet... but I just had to share my thoughts, and wondered if anyone else has read Felder's book... and what you all thought.

LTL, I haven't read Felder's book, and truth be told, I don't wish to. There are always at least two sides to every story, and it's easy for Felder to make himself look innocent when we haven't heard Glenn's side, or even Don's side, of the story.

To be truthful, I hate mudslinging books - to such a degree that I've written letters to newspapers about it in the past. What happened between the Eagles is a personal matter, and the details should be kept between the band members. Glenn , to my knowledge, has never spoken about his friction with Felder, which speaks volumes about him. If there was no money in it, Felder would never have wasted his time writing the book.

I'm sorry, but this whole situation makes my blood run cold.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

LTL, PLEASE don't let Felder's book allow you to dislike Glenn. Felder hates Glenn and always has.

We've discussed the book here:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=585

Take note of Soda's last post, a review which says the book should be called 'Good Lord, How I Hate Glenn Frey'.

Here is the main thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=563

And here:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=546

The comments you made about Felder making himself out to be the 'model guy' and everyone else, especially Glenn, as villains, are accurate.

And MF, Nicky Horne asked about the infamous Kick Your Ass show in 1992 and how Glenn felt about Felder. Glenn pretty much laughed about it and said it was no big deal. He said he bore Felder no grudges. I suppose he would say that, but to me, in public, he went out of his way to try and accommodate Felder when the reunion took place, to be met with nothing but ingratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Multiple songs? I only know of Sara and Has Anyone Written Anything For You and Long Way To Go. Did Stevie write another song about Don or did you mean there are three songs about both of them?
    Stevie has said that Leather and Lace was inspired by Don, and parts of The Highwayman. He also inspired the obscure B-side One More Big Time Rock'n'Roll Star.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I thought 'Has Anyone Written Anything For You' was about Joe?

Yes, that song is about Joe. To clarify:

Songs Stevie wrote about Don (at least in part)

Sara
    Leather and Lace
    The Highwayman
    One More Big Time Rock'n'Roll Star

Songs Stevie wrote about Joe
    Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You
    Long Way to Go
    Honorable Mention:
    Was the inspiration for one line of Welcome to the Room...Sara

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

FP, I just wanted to say... I doubt the book would really change my opinion of Glenn. (but I was prepared for some bad stuff) I'm about halfway through it now... and to be honest, I think Don F. is a hack!

He acts like he was SO casual when he was invited to join the Eagles. WHATEVER! The hack was probably bouncing off the walls to be invited to join an established band that had a major label backing. Also, no matter what he has said, or elluded to about Glenn... to me, it was Glenn just taking charge of the band to make sure they stayed on top. Heck, someone had to.

I know this isn't the book thread... but that thread seams all but dead now (however, after finishingthe book, I may need to revive it) ... I TOTALLY noticed the whole "picture" thing too... w/Don and Glenn looking HORRIBLE, like evil demons... while he's all smiley and holding his infant child. He may be able to play guitar... but his "victim of rock-n-roll" stance is SO over the top. I'm almost embarrassed for him that he wrote this... almost, but not quite.

Off topic... but Soda, I've been meaning to ask you... when Glenn asked for you address to send you swag... did that ever happen? Did you ever get some sweet sway from the man? Just curious.

Stuck on the Border

Feel free to make more comments in the book thread/s, LTL. I agree with your observations. The word 'hack' hadn't occurred to me but I think there is something in it. I think the only reason we didn't talk about the book much at the time was because we all felt rather sad about it.