Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stagecoach Festival, Indio, CA 5-02-08

Default Stagecoach Festival, Indio, CA 5-02-08

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...src=standard#1

Found these really nice pictures from last night's concert.

The rest of the guys are still wearing black, but it looks like Don is back to plaid. Goody, goody.
    I knew those black suits wouldn't last. I just wanted to be able to see them in them before they stopped wearing them.

Here's part of a short review from The Desert Sun:

The crowd at the Stagecoach Festival Friday swelled to nearly the size of last weekend's Coachella Music and Arts Festival, though official estimates weren't available. Goldenvoice promoter Paul Tollett said ticket sales exceeded last year's best daily attendance, when 55,000 people arrived for two days.

The Eagles, whose greatest hits collection eclipsed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the best-selling album of all time and is currently one of the top touring acts in the country, distinguished themselves from nostalgia bands by opening with songs from their new album, "Long Road Out of Eden," beginning with "How Long," which won a Grammy this year for best country song.

The crowd came alive on the fifth song of their set, "Hotel California," which was perfectly suited for the desert.

But the line between country, rock and pop was blurred earlier in the day when Rancho Mirage resident Shelby Lynne showed her rebellious side by criticizing the crowd distinction of VIP and general admission fans.

"I'm a punk rocker," said D.J. Morris of Ramona, "but I'm willing to go to see Mike Ness and The Eagles."

Fogerty, wearing a flannel shirt like Eagles co-leader Don Henley, played mostly Creedence songs from the 1960s.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Two observations:

One--The VIP distinction continues to be questioned.
    Two--Even this reviewer had to rub it in about the plaid flannel shirts!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Black Mercedes eh? Nice car! Was that the one that you Pebble Beachers had a lift in?
    Nothing that grand, I'm afraid. I'm not sure the 4 of us could have smooshed into the back of a sedan. One of us may have had to be a hood ornament.

It was a white SUV with surprisingly few bells and whistles. I'm not sure it even had electric windows. Poor Glenn may have been cranking that window up and down himself when asking those innocent (and clueless) bystanders for directions.

Great find with the photos, DF!

They must have realized the business suits would go over like a lead balloon with the country crowd. I'm not a huge fan of Don's plaid, but I love Glenn and Joe in their black tops and jackets and I like Tim in leather. Plus, they're all in jeans. Yum!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yep! I noticed the jeans are back as well. Yummy indeed!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if the link to my WireImage account will work but here it is.

http://wireimage.com/ItemListings.as...=316180&nbc1=1

If anyone sees a particular photo they want me to save, direct me to the thumbnail and I'll do it. There are some excellent photos of all the band, especially Don and Glenn. I have already saved the photos of Glenn. They are AMAZING.

Incidentally there are also great photos of John Fogerty. The blue & white plaid shirt is the one I bought at his show. And Glen Campbell still looks good for his age (he's 72 now).

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I knew those black suits wouldn't last.
    I have this fear that the uniforms will be back by the time they hit Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I knew those black suits wouldn't last.
    I have this fear that the uniforms will be back by the time they hit Atlanta.
    Oh, I hope so!

11 days to go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that, Soda. As I have stated often, I am not a fan of the uniform suits. However, a little voice inside my head makes me think they will be back for Atlanta. DonFan, I know you like them, but I'm hoping that the little voice inside my head is wrong. I'll take Don in his plaid shirt and jeans any day over the boardroom attire.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016